I stopped drinking pop, so why am I not losing weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    A member for over a year and *this* was what caused her to deactivate?

That said, based on her posts in this thread, it sounds like she may not have been using the tracking function anyhow.

I sure wish others realized that the most likely best "value" of MFP is in its food tracking and not in its forum validation of sketchy science.

Edit: Fixed a misused apostrophe.
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Were you drinking diet or regular?

This - if you were already drinking diet - no difference. Also, do you take your measurements - you are probably gaining muscle.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I sure wish others realized that the most likely best "value" of MFP is in its food tracking and not in it's forum validation of sketchy science.
    this forum really, REALLY needs a Like button
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    A member for over a year and *this* was what caused her to deactivate?

That said, based on her posts in this thread, it sounds like she may not have been using the tracking function anyhow.

I sure wish others realized that the most likely best "value" of MFP is in its food tracking and not in it's forum validation of sketchy science.

What are you talking about? I love how I can post a topic and immediately have the help of a thousand professionals, all with differing opinions! The food tracker doesn't give me that kind of help...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Dont be upset about the results you aren't getting from the hard work you're not doing! :D

Simply cutting out soda and expecting a major change is lopsided. You cant have a really big change without a really big change!

Its not just about giving up a few things, its about replacing bad habits and foods with good habits and foods. Replace couch lock with a run, replace 30 minutes of sleep in the morning with a body weight session - otherwise lol - good luck with the passive route to getting fit!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking pop everyday for about a month now. In that 4 weeks, I've had one 20oz of diet dr. pepper. That's it. I only drink water now, but I'm not losing weight? Why? I've read that if you stop drinking pop you will automatically lose. So why not me? I stay under my calories and exercise everyday. I've been doing Jillian Micheal's DVDs and I've actually gained weight (I guess it could be muscle)?

Does anybody have anything that might help me?

i think you need to read better sources of information if that's what you read. You make no mention of the rest of your diet, caloric intake, TDEE or anything else.

This.
    Hopefully your diet consists of a lot more than soda, and without taking everything into account, its difficult to determine the source of, well, anything. It's like looking at a screw and trying to use it to determine how a car engine works.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    The bubbles in soda makes you lighter as they reduce your body's average density. Once they are out of your system it can take a while for the real weight loss to kick in.
  • yoovie
    Options
    pbbbbllllttttttttttttt lmao
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The whole "cut out soda and you will lose weight" is crap in my opinion. I never gave up drinking diet soda, but I did work my *kitten* off in the gym and cut my food portions in half. Just sayin'...
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The bubbles in soda makes you lighter as they reduce your body's average density. Once they are out of your system it can take a while for the real weight loss to kick in.

huh?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Drinking pop does not cause obesity. You should learn about fat oxidation and your resting metabolic rate to learn more about how to burn stored fat from your body. :smile:
  • yoovie
    Options

huh?

please tell me you didnt take her seriously....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

ETA: seen the posters post before - know not serious. :flowerforyou: We really need a sarcasm font here.
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    There's more to losing weight than simply NOT drinking pop!

/thread
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    this forum really, REALLY needs a Like button

You bet!

:laugh:
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    L O L hahahahahaaaahahahahaha