Replies

• Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    What are cramps... :wink:
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Exercise makes cramps, bloating, etc go away for me. Same with sex. It doesn't happen for everyone- but I know it also helps boost my crappy moods when Aunt Flow & Uncle Red are in town. Get the blood pumping and you should start to feel better! Work out for 10 minutes and I'm sure you'll want to finish your workouts! :)
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    What period?
  • marinaxmarisol
    Options
    i go to they gym more often than normal on my period only because it helps releive my cramps & after a week of hard work , you loose more weight :) Dont forget to drink water ! and bananas are awesome at helping with cramps.
  • karabff
    karabff Posts: 98
    Options
    Yep..& I have found that if I stay on track with my cal's & cont to exercise I lose more weight when it is done then any other time of the month-that motivates me!
  • FaithInAes
    FaithInAes Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I exercise when I am on my period. I have found that it actually helps me with my cramps!
  • RoxannWilliams97
    RoxannWilliams97 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I actually did sit-ups during my TOM. and I felt better. My thing is, even though I follow my calorie and exercise goals I still tend to gain a pound or two during TOM. Very frustrating. Does anyone else have this problem?
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I usually don't exercise the day I get it, and I have to say I usually don't one or two days before either because I always have one day when I'm PMSing and soooooo lethargic. Maybe I'll do weights, but no cardio.
  • Alr080389
    Alr080389 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do. I seem more energetic when at this time. I do get cramps though but I push through them.
  • jabmzmom
    Options
    I do exercise because it makes me feel better.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Yes!

No! Wait... is this a trick question?
  • Malozing0809
    Malozing0809 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I take a dose of Advil and do a light work out usually.
  • Alr080389
    Alr080389 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I actually did sit-ups during my TOM. and I felt better. My thing is, even though I follow my calorie and exercise goals I still tend to gain a pound or two during TOM. Very frustrating. Does anyone else have this problem?

Yes I do. I started working out 2 weeks ago and I lost 2 lbs in one week. Then last week I got my TOM and the scale went right back to where I started. This week I am back down to that 2lb mark. I think it was a lot of water retention and bloating.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Definitely do. Makes me feel better by improving my mood and energy.

I also ride horses on the beach and only wear white. ;)

Have a happy period.

Mwhahahahaha! LOL

As long as I have some minor semblance of energy, I do something. It's no where near the intensity of a normal workout, but I do still try to get a workout in.
  • Glamrock82
    Glamrock82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    On my lighter days, yes. But on my heavier days? FORGET ABOUT IT. It's the last thing I want to do! :( I just fill up on fruits and veggies those days.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Stay away from caffeine, because that will make cramps worse.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do, and it does help with the cramps. Sometimes i skip my bonus workouts, but usually, I keep to my normal schedule.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I actually work out more often on my period because it relieves the cramps!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I can't take credit for this hilarious statement. It's something one of my newest buddies JUST posted. "do you think women sat down on the oregon trail because they got their period! no. stop making excuses. sorry if this offends anyone, there may be a few extreme circumstances but for the most part i see this as an excuse!"
  • ninakretina
    Options
    I usually do...the first day or two of my TOM I do get horrible cramps and may suddenly black out(pretty much like when your blood sugar levels drops), but if I do work out, even by just walking from work to my apartment(which is a 35-40 minutes walk), I tend to feel better and lighter...