Sports bra recommendations?

Options
Hello! I have a question for the ladies. I need a sports bra for a C cup that is a little thicker. I'd like support and less "headlights" when working out. Also - cost is certainly a factor right now as my clothing budget for the family is tight and I have a 2 year old who seems to grow out of something daily. :)

Replies

• dorena230
    dorena230 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Athleta...not cheap but you won't have to replace it for years.
  • jfeh
    jfeh Posts: 30
    Options
    You could always try wearing 2 sports bras instead of 1.
  • onanapamela
    Options
    Nike make good sport bras and so does Under Armour. Good luck :)
  • BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just started using Enell and love them....but they are $60...made for big boobs:blushing:
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    oh i would love to know this too! I'm a DD and I can't seem to find one that keeps the girls tucked away where they belong haha
    022988 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For low prices I'm happy with the Champion ones they sell at Target - usually $13-15. But I'm not a big runner or anything, so I'm not sure how they would hold up to that. For jogging & the elliptical though I like it.
  • ptbodacious
    ptbodacious Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Agree with Enelle recommendation. They are quite pricey, but they last a llooong time if you don't put them in the dryer. I started wearing them at a 42H . Down to a 38DD now and still love them.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    For low prices I'm happy with the Champion ones they sell at Target - usually $13-15. But I'm not a big runner or anything, so I'm not sure how they would hold up to that. For jogging & the elliptical though I like it.

I bought a CHAMPION sports bra at a DD and LOVE IT!!! I needed something for my ZUMBA class becuase of all the jumping around. The one I got was from a BALI/HANES/LLEGGS Outlet store and was about $20 but, ti was SOOOOO worth it!!! :) I am redy to get a couple more since I only got the one, not sure how it would work. :-)

http://www.onehanesplace.com/outlet/bras/champion-bras/champion-shape-scoop-back-full-figure-underwire-sports-bra?cm_vc=OnsiteSearch&cmFV=

This is the one I bought, I believe! They are cheaper at TARGET then on this site.
  • valeriedent2
    Options
    I like the C9/Champion ones from Target. Depending on what time of the month it is, I can be anywhere from a C to a very full D. I find the microfiber ones don't have quite enough support on their own, but doubled up with a regular sports bra work well.

They also have a newer style that I just picked up yesterday. Lined, moulded cups in a traditional style sports bra. No hardware. Just under $20. So far, I like it!

Good luck!!
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm a C36 and am very well served by Adidas Techfit. I don't like cups or insertable pads in my sports bra, and these are great. Just hug nice and snug. Also very, very affordable, I think full price they are only $25. For that price, you can have enough for a clean one every workout day of the week.
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm a lingerie & intimates designer and work with sports bras a lot, one of the best brands is Lulemon. (Not cheap though.) Nike and Champion are also excellent.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Shock absorbers are prety good too :-)
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    my tatas are bigger than that but Walmart had some that work great and have a bit of coverage :)
  • LCHF4Life
    LCHF4Life Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I dispensed with the "sports" bra altogether. I really like the new bras made out of hosiery knit. They go by several names: Spanx has one, then there is the Ahh Bra. I have the Ahh Bra which is a little cheaper. you can find them in the drugstore for about $20/2 I'm well-endowed and I dislike jostling bouncing too much during exercise. It can be painful. It's a one piece with no plastic closures or clamps, and wide at the shoulder, a bit like wearing a bathing suit top, but more snugg. And it's padded, no nipple patrol. LOL.

It is very comfy and I don't really think about it. I've tried "sports" bras, but frankly their idea of support is crap. I'm looking at you Champion and Nike.

I'm about a 40D and I'm 5 ft.
  • missmmaynes
    missmmaynes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    TATA TAMER from Lululemon!!!!!!! The BEST sports bra ever!!!!!!!
    It is around $50 but I think the girls are worth it!
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I just Double Up..Cause I still haven't found My Wonder Woman Bra loool. Ima C as well.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    SHOCK ABSORBER SPORTS BRA

absolutely MUST-HAVE as a 34FF I've found heaven in it, best sports bra ever recommended to me by mfpers =) therefore I'm spreading the word !
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I go to TJMaxx/Marshalls and pick out a bunch of different ones and do the "bounce test" in the dressing room. I have 3 favorites in the rotation right now and they were all 10 bucks!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I am a 38 F....I love my shock absorber. Not cheap, but totally worth every penny. I got mine at Fleet Feet.