poll: do you eat enough vegetables in a day?

Options
everyone knows they're good for you. I was just wondering if you feel like you're getting enough of vegetables (not fruit) in your diet each day.

Thanks!

Replies

• Culley34
    Culley34 Posts: 224
    Options
    I used to avoid them. Now, I have them with dinner everyday.
  • RedSassyPants
    RedSassyPants Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    For the most part, I feel I do. Sure there are days when I fall short, but that is not my typical MO.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I eat between 4 and 7 servings a day but don't eat fruit that often.
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I go in spurts. At the moment, sadly, no. Time to go check out that spaghetti squash thread. :bigsmile:
  • konekkobaba
    Options
    I am horrible about eating vegetables, I find if I can sneak in a low-sodium V-8 and a salad, my guilt of not eating better is appeased somewhat.
  • ejbrin
    ejbrin Posts: 20
    Options
    I make sure I follow what the CDC recommends for all my macros, fruits, and veggies almost every day. So 2-3 c veggies.

Eating enough fruits and veggies significantly lowers your risk of cancer, so I try for every day. Some days I fall short though.
  • littleandysmom
    littleandysmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've been eating lots of veges. About every other day I steam squash, spinach and brussel sprouts and have a huge plate of it for lunch and the calories are so low!!

Also asparagus (from our garden!!)
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I wasn't, especially the really good ones - spinach, kale, squash, etc. Pretty much the greener it is, the less of it I managed to get into my diet. I do enjoy salads, but not every day (2-4 times a week).

I started juicing, which has helped. I know it cuts most of the fiber, but I'm getting the nutrients from things I would normally not eat. And in amounts I couldn't eat if I wanted to!

I'm averaging 4-8 servings of veggies a day from just juice. I still try to eat 1-2 servings a day, too, but I don't always do it.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I average 5-7 servings of vegetables per day and try to get another 2-3 of fruit per day as well. So, I'd say "yes"; but I always strive to get a few more :laugh:
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    everyone knows they're good for you. I was just wondering if you feel like you're getting enough of vegetables (not fruit) in your diet each day.

Thanks!

Yes. I have a quart bag that I fill with veggies every day as part of my sack lunch I take to work. Then I usually have some form of vegetable with supper (but if I want to skip it, I can - because I've eaten a quart of the darned things at lunch!)
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Yep. Been on a whole foods, plant based diet since March, so I eat a TON of them. What I am working on is trying ones I have never had before, or ones I have eaten once or twice and never liked.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    No. I dont.
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I eat NO vegetables. I am a NON-vegetarian.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Absolutely
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Before my journey, I was not a big fan of veggies. I ate them, but only in small quantities and only because I know they're good for me. These days I adore them! I eat them with every meal, and they usually make up the bulk of my meal. Sometimes I eat just a big bowl of steamed veggies for dinner. Yum yum yum...
  • SpiritRockBernie
    Options
    glad to hear that most everyone's eating veggies! A good way to get a lot of servings is putting leafy greens in smoothies.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Most days yes!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! At least most days, maybe not all. I try to nom some with lunch and dinner each day and I'll munch on some as snacks (usually carrots).
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible about getting my veggies in. The ones I like are so expensive!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I could use a wider variety of vegies.