Is corn making us fat?

Options

Replies

• KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    "I am cornholio. I need TP for my bunghole."

CORNHOLIO!.jpg
    Thank you! I need to learn myself how to post somer them pictures fer fun.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    But what else can you soak in butter and gnaw with raw abandon---and still tell yourself you are having a serving of vegetables? I am so happy when I have butter smeared from ear to ear...:bigsmile:
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    This is soooooo corny, guys.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    KoЯn makes me happy..and mad..and excited...and stabby....not fat!
    I <3 you
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Evil corn is evil

evil_corn_26340grprv.jpg
  • jdressel
    jdressel Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Figure-11.bmp

Also awesome. Thanks!
  • Acg67
    Options
    Lemongraph.jpg
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    "I am cornholio. I need TP for my bunghole."

CORNHOLIO!.jpg

:laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Figure-11.bmp

Well, this is just FACT. The 60s had the best music. Still holds up.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options

It doesn’t come as a surprise that with the increase of corn consumption comes an increase in diseases and obesity.

piratesarecool4.gif

My friend that is a proffessional pirate needs to see this chart.....
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Evil corn is evil

evil_corn_26340grprv.jpg

Sick.... My husband will love this corn-skeleton! Maybe we can make one instead of a pumpkin this year.
  • cecilesutton
    Options
    Corn in itself does not make you fat. Eating anything in excess however, will.

It is the fact that the corn is made into a syrup and then placed as filler in all kinds of foods that do not contain sugar in the first place. Read your labels. Sugar in large amounts WILL affect your weight.

It can be found in dairy and bread for example. I picked upa tub of sour cream the other day, it had High fructose corn syrup in it! Last time I checked, sour cream is supposed to be made from milk ONLY.

In short, read your labels and spend the extra cash to get " clean" food with outr a bunch of added syrup in it.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Do some research on paleo/primal type diets... I feel way better after cutting out 99% of grains (cookies are evil)...
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Figure-11.bmp

Well, this is just FACT. The 60s had the best music. Still holds up.

Soooo with all this Horizontal Drilling, and these Great Big Hydraulic Fracs, we are about to be blessed with EVEN BETTER MUSIC (correlating with oil production)??

Either that or Apocalyptic Earthquakes, Un-potable ground water, exponential ozone depletion and global warming, and sink holes the size of .... well Texas ... lol
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I like corn. and grains. and processed foods. that's all...carry on.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I stick to all yo ribs. Love it y'all!!:drinker:
  • maritza140
    Options
    The natural form of corn is not a problem. The problem is the over processing of the foods and how industrialized has agriculture and farming have become. Most of the corn used for feed is genetically engineered to grow faster, bigger, etc. Plus the additives to the process foods. Plus the excess of fructose, plus plus plus...

It's been proven by studies that when the economy is in bad shape, people actually get more overweight. Sounds weird right? But the truth is that when the money is tight and food is expensive, people buy cheap. Cheap = processed, low quality foods. People buy less produce, more "boxed" stuff, less juice and more fruit "drinks", etc.

We need a food revolution in this country.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    From my post:

"I tend to think that our over consumption of corn PLAYS A HUGE ROLE in the boom in obesity, diabetes, heart disease and morbidity."

Here you say "OUR overconsumption of corn". But I thought you were talking about cows consuming corn, not people. I'm confused. When the cow eats the corn, it breaks it down into individual molecules and absorbs them and uses them for cell processes or stores them as fat. So it's not like we're eating bits of corn within our burger...
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    We do not eat corn in any way shape or form at my house because of corn allergies. This has been true for the past 20 years. We do not have an over skinny issue at our house.
  • Acg67
    Options
    It's been proven by studies that when the economy is in bad shape, people actually get more overweight. Sounds weird right? But the truth is that when the money is tight and food is expensive, people buy cheap. Cheap = processed, low quality foods. People buy less produce, more "boxed" stuff, less juice and more fruit "drinks", etc.

O rly? Did obesity run rampant during the Great Depression?