I just canceled...

Options
gmn728
gmn728 Posts: 18 Member
I just cancelled my weight watchers subscription... I feel that it is easier to count cals then points... plus I feel like people are more friendly here then on the ww boards....plus.. I will be saving almost $20 a month...

Replies

• timvet
    timvet Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing and haven't had a problem at all. I like this much better!!
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    I love my friends. I agree this is easy. I don't have an Iphone but I will write things done while I am out. Amazing thing is when you go to certain places like McDonald's I get the 240 Mano/Pineapple Smoothie.
  • Gina480
    Options
    I just did the same thing. I used MFP and had great success in the past....got WW as a gift and failed miserably...back to what worked of me. The problem is getting back into the swing of things. LOL
  • ld6653
    ld6653 Posts: 3
    Options
    I too had no success with WW....tried it 3 times and lost no weight. I have had success on here in the past. Plus you're right, saving money is a plus!!
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good choice. WW teaches you nothing about healthy eating... Boxed and convenience foods that say 'Remove/pierce film lid' should not be considered fuel for the body you are trying to turn into a temple. :laugh:
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I cancelled mine months ago, for the same reasons. MFP is the way to go. :)
  • LinFox61
    Options
    Hi, I just started with fittnesspal, I love it and I truly think this is my ticket to healthy life style and no pushy pushy rules, regs, weigh ins, etc. We can be the biggest losers! I am inspired by this site and greatful too! :love:
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Good choice. WW teaches you nothing about healthy eating... Boxed and convenience foods that say 'Remove/pierce film lid' should not be considered fuel for the body you are trying to turn into a temple. :laugh:

This is very true! It's not breaking the habit of eating processed foods - which is the main culprit in calories and poor diet/eating habits.

Your best bet and plan of attack would be to simply spend a week or two logging everything you eat and drink. Be honest and don't start counting those calories yet. If you eat McDonald's for lunch every day or swing by some fast food before or after your kids' games, practices and rehearsals .. so be it. If you make something from scratch or make it out of the box .. just write it all down. Sodas, beer, wine, water, coffee (Starbucks concoctions) .. anything you like snacking on - junk food and all. You can look up the calories later. If you go out to eat alot .. just write it down. You can literally find the calorie counts to anything online in one way, shape or form.

After your week or 2 week logging period.. calculate your calorie intake for each day. From there -- you can easily reduce and deduct and begin to substitute for healthier choices that work for you! If you don't exercise .. or just starting on a super easy and non-threatening plan .. don't worry.

It's your attitude and desire and the support you get from everyone here that will motivate you to make whatever change is necessary for you! :flowerforyou:
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It's the honesty that brings the results... When I logged my birthday drinks and Monday night football food with beer, my eyes were opened WIDE to what I was doing... I'm on a strict soda water at bars diet now and I keep losing pounds.
    Log every bite, every drink.
    I was even surprised to learn that my Greek black coffee has 57 calories.
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am sad to say I have joined WW 3 times and had smaller and smaller success each time the most I had lost was 20 lbs before giving up...I LOVE MFP! I have great supportive friends on here and I feel I owe it to myself and them to push myslef to the best.. I find it is contagous see someone working off 600 cal... makes me want to... :D
  • lamomandwife12
    Options
    I agree! I find it is so much easier to track calories than to figure out how many points something is. Good luck!
  • swkittrell
    Options
    I was about to start WW on line when I found MFP and I never signed up for WW. I can save a few dollars for some good healthy food. Besides that the leader at our WW was so boring and she did not teach good eating habits like I have learned on this site.:smile:
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I love Weight Watchers but will not be going back because I think it is WAY to much money for something I can get free, WELCOME.
  • connectedcats
    connectedcats Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I too cancelled my ww subscription yesterday after finding this on Sunday My husband had been asked to keep a food diary by his dietician as he has type 2 diabetes and had put on a significant amount of weight. I was looking for a phone app, because he had been told to log everything in a notebook he could keep in his pocket, but to keep all the info he'd have needed an A4 sized pocket. I thought something on his phone would be more convienient, and found mfp. The beauty is he can print off the diary before going to his appointment too, so win win.
    I was really amazed to see how many calories we had been eating using 'free foods' on weight watchers. My curried veg, where I only counted the curry paste was coming in at 200 cals per portion! No wonder we hadn't had much success. I'm confident we will do better with mfp, for one thing he is taking responsibility for his own tracking, and is already much more aware of where he is 'spending' his calories, rather than getting grumpy with me when I suggest changes to his choices. He loves scanning the bar codes on his phone too!
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I loved Weight Watchers when I did it (pre points plus) and had success with it. Pregnancy brought back the weight and my little man brought about a tighter budget. Decided to look for something that was free before figuring out how to afford WW again. So glad I did. Love it here even more and find it so much easier.
  • pss66
    pss66 Posts: 5
    Options
    I don't agree that WW doesn't show you how to eat healty. Yes, there are many pre-packaged food that you can use. However, if you read the articles online and use their cookbook (or any cookbook with adjustments) you can follow a healthy menu.

That being said, since the new points plus started and fruit being 0 points, I did not do very well. The new points plus system did not benefit me or my blood sugars. I am doing MFP and enjoying it and my blood sugars are better for it.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of people switching. Good luck to you!! :happy: and saving money is never a bad thing either!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have never done WW, but I do have a friend that just cancelled hers as well after learning about MFP from me. She said that she thought it would be easier to count calories also, that there seemed to be a ton of support here, and that it is free!
  • cateyjo
    cateyjo Posts: 108
    Options
    I have been doing both. Tracking points and counting calories. When I run out of either one, I quit eating. Must say that when I quit counting points and stuck with calories, I was not having as much success, so went back to points and am very happy with the results I am getting now.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I just cancelled my weight watchers subscription... I feel that it is easier to count cals then points... plus I feel like people are more friendly here then on the ww boards....plus.. I will be saving almost $20 a month...
    Great decision! Besides, WW doesn't seem to care much about macros or lean mass.