Do you want to learn additional languages?

Options
13»

Replies

• vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    I would love to learn german so I can speak to my grandpa in his native language and I would also love to learn Cherokee since I am predominently cherokee and when I get registered I'd like to speak the language of my people. I want to learn French and spanish and italian because of many reasons. I also want to learn asl because I have deaf family and I used to know it but forgot.
  • primadonnah
    Options
    I already am, English and German. I'd love to add Spanish to that :)
  • Zainia
    Zainia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Not fluent in anything other than English so far >.<

Fluent in:
    Mandarin and Cantonese
    French

Understand some:
    Sign language
    Spanish
    Cherokee
    Japanese

Anything after that is a bonus :)
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to be able to speak fluently in another language, i can read/write some Spanish, French and Latin
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I speak English and Russian. I took 3 years of Spanish in high school and that has stuck with me though I'm not fluent. I'd like to fully learn Spanish (which my work will pay for) and then go for Italian because they're pretty similar. All in due time. :drinker:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Would love to, but I think I'd really have to go live in that country for it to be effective. I studied Italian for 5 years and when I finally got to Italy I understood nothing for at least 24 hrs. After that I could somewhat follow people who spoke very slowly, as if I was both deaf and mentally challenged! :D
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I studied Japanese nd French in high school. My French is good enough to get by on holidays, but i should brush up as were off to France in 2 weeks.
    SO and i studied German up to Gcse level, so thats fairly good, but we haven't been to a germo country in a. Few years.

And yes i did study Esperanto while in high school/ uni. W even had our own group.
    I will say that its a very good language to learn, as its simple, and for native English speakers its a good way to learn grammar that will be assumed ith learning alot of other languages.
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I know english and American Sign Language (degree)

I WANT to learn:

German
    French

I'm studying Spanish in School and I hate it- sooo I don't want to learn it...
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    And yes i did study Esperanto while in high school/ uni. W even had our own group.
    I will say that its a very good language to learn, as its simple, and for native English speakers its a good way to learn grammar that will be assumed ith learning alot of other languages.

Nice. I think I want to study it for fun.
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm learning french.....have been for just over a year.....been saying for years that I wanted to and finally bit the bullet and got on with it!
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yes! ASL is the only one on my list.