Best at home exercises to drop weight??????

Options

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    P90X!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire!
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Chalene extreme
    p90
    Insanity
    Jillian michaels 30 day shred, yoga, kettlebell
    Bob Harper's kettlebell one
  • tmoore_20
    tmoore_20 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love doing Tae-Bo- it's been out for a while but there is nothing like it...you can burn a lot of calories in a small amount of time. Last night did it for 30 minutes and burned over 500 cals (but of course it depends on your weight & intensity). It's also not so hard that you can't last the whole workout, but not too easy either.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Really? B/C I haven't belonged to a gym in ....well probably 7 or more years and I dropped 35 lbs and I'm in WAY better shape then I ever was when I DID belong to a gym.

These are some of my favorite circuit training bootcamps:

http://toughmudder.com/tough-mudder-boot-camp-training/

However, I put together my own all the time and you can always google workouts to find one you like. I run a few times a week, go mountain biking, hiking, in line skating, I have a treadmill (which I hate to use but it's good for winter), a stationary bike, a pull up bar, a bo-flex, bands, free weights, dial a dumbbell, medicine balls, and the flexibility balancing ball.

Oh and look on your cable OnDemand you should have free fitness videos on there lots to choose from and if that doesn't tickle your fancy....you can always buy a DVD video you might like (I have some yoga, and ballet videos I like) and....WII or Kinect - I have XBOX Kinect with lots of fun sports and dance games.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    do you have an I-phone.. i down loaded free daily workouts and you can set it to any thing from full body workout- to -upper body, lower body for 10-30 mins. I did the full body 20 minute workout and was sweatin like crazy when i was done. Free and easy. Only thing you'll need is some simple hand weights.
  • Kioko1973
    Kioko1973 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper's Kettlebell cardio shred, burpees, pushups, squats, lunges, jump rope, etc. can all be done at home effectively to lose weight. I do not have a gym membership and have lost almost 30lbs primarily from working out in my home. It's doable.
    Other dvd's I have used are turbo jam, insanity, p90x, brazil butt lift, zumba and tae bo.
  • corrinnebrown
    Options
    Body Revolution - Jillian Michaels 30 minutes a day 6 days a week, something different every day. Total of 90 days. AWESOME program!
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have never set foot in a gym, but am in MUCH better shape than most I know!! Millions of DVD's or programs you can buy....or hit YouTube for FREE workouts!!! Just found bodyrock.tv.......not sure what I think- some days I love the video (new 'workout' each day....some days it is a bit weird...anywhoo...... no gym needed, you just have to want it, and do it. Go areound your house and CLEAN!! Move the furniture, dust the top or EVERYTHING!!, climb, stetch, and pick up anything heavy!!!!
  • Yvette4Kids
    Options
    YouTube has Zumba videos... If you have Brighthouse cable they have exercise clips & routines *Sports & Fitness Channel* Check your listings... Fill up 2 Milk or Water Jugs w/Water (I add Food coloring for fun) LoL, these are good weights (Weight of 1 US Gallon of water = approx. 8.35 lb)... Every chore I do around the house I jog or speed walk to do it... I also jog in place while watching TV. I may look crazy half the time, LOL, but w/Diet and these exercises I've lost 32.2 lbs in 4.5 months. I'll take crazy anyday with results like this... LoL. Good Luck Gyrl :D I hope this helps :D
  • Kbjust4me
    Options
    BUMP
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump, I have been doing Jillian Michael DVDs, as well as zumba and dance off the inches and running. Gym wise right now can't afford it and have to be at home with my son.
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Insanity!
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I am in better shape now than I ever was when I was a gym rat. Diet is key but I workout at home 6 days a week. I recommend Jillian Michael's DVDs, Supreme 90 Day, Bodyrock, Zuzka light (on youtube), Sarah Lurie's kettle bell DVDs. I recommend doing circuit training or heavy weight lifting in addition to cardio to get the best results.
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love my elliptical!!!
  • Banzaix
    Banzaix Posts: 12
    Options
    Insanity all the way!!!! You cant go wrong with Shaun T he will make u sweat and push yourself past what you think you can do. Its hard but rewarding and you see Insane results

45 day Completed = 20+ LBS dropped for me (I also try to eat as clean as possible with a few cheat days)
  • ThePTrain
    Options
    With only seven exercises you can do a complete, at home, fat burning workout. And no, you don't need a big, lunky piece of cardio equipment to do slow, boring aerobic training.

Many people don't have time to consistently go to the gym and want to workout at home. But how many exercises can you do in your workouts at home with dumbbells? I have put together some training options you can do at home. The options include dumbbell workouts and exercises that need no external resistance. I have provided many options so that even a home workout can have variety.

In fact, this entire workout can be done with only your bodyweight, but for a more advanced challenge, you can use dumbells in certain exercises.

The workout doesn't use any machines either, because this allows you to use more muscles per ecxercise when you do standing exercises or push-ups instead of the pec-dec at your local gym.

Here's the workout.

1) bodyweight squat

2) pushup or kneeling pushup

Do exercises 1 and 2 back to back with no rest. Aim for 8-12 repetitions per set. If you are advanced, you can use dumbells for the squat and even harder pushup, such as decline pushups to increase the difficulty of the workout. For beginners, stick to bodyweight squats and kneeling pushups.

Do the squat and pushup back to back without rest, but rest 1 minute before repeating the exercises again. Then rest a minute, and repeat one more time. Then you will have done this superset (that's what it is called when you do two exercises back to back) 3 times.

However, beginners should do all exercises in the entire workout only once. Only advanced fitness levels can use the 3 superset system.

3) split squat

A split squat is also called a stationary lunge. That requires you to split your feet apart by taking a step forward. Use the wall for balance if you are a beginner. If you are advanced, you can hold dumbells in your hands during the split squat. Do all repetitions for one side and then repeat for the other side. Drop your hips straight down and use your glutes and hamstrings and quadriceps to push your body back up. Do 8 repetitions per side.

4) mountain climber

For the mountain climber, get into a pushup position. Brace your abs as if someone was going to punch you in the stomach. Maintain that during the entire exercise. Lift one foot off the ground and bring that knee up to your chest. Touch the foot down. Slowly return to the start position. Alternate sides for 10 repetitions per side.

Do exercises 3 and 4 as another superset, and do it 3 times - the same way as above - only if you are advanced.

5) Reverse lunge

A reverse lunge is a moving split squat. Stand with your feet together. Take a step back with one leg. Drop your hips down and bend both knees. Then squeeze your butt and thigh of the front leg (the leg that didn't go anywhere) and pull yourself back up to the start position. Do 8 reps on one side and 8 on the other. Beginners use the wall for balance. Advanced can hold dumbells in hands.

6) Close-grip pushup

The close grip pushup is the same as the normal pushup, except your hands are shoulder width apart, not wider. Keep your elbows tucked into your sides. This works your triceps (the back of your arms) more. Do 8-15 repetitions.

Advanced fitness levels can do 3 supersets. beginners just one set of each.

7) Jumping jacks

Finish the workout with the classic Jumping Jack exercise. beginners do 20 and then stretch. Advanced fitness levels can do 50 jumping jacks, take a 30 second break, and repeat up to 3 times. Then finish with stretching for your tight muscle groups.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/692330
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I would buy Pilates videos. Pilates is awesome.
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Eat a healthy calorie deficit, exercise results are mostly dictated by what or what you don't eat.