OMG KFC!

Options
I had such a bad day today. Fell off the wagon big style.

Thorntons Chocolates
Maryland Cookies
KFC
Pasta and cheese
Pepsi

I'm back on it tomorrow!

Just have to keep reminding myself that one day doesnt ruin my last few months of hard work!

Anyone else had any similar slip up's recently?

Replies

• nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    yea i had a bunch of reeses cups, but i just walked it all off for 8 miles.
  • lisasp4
    lisasp4 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think i'd have to walk 10,000 miles to work off what I ate today!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It's ok, you'll do better starting... Right now!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Oh man I would feel horrible after that... it's ok keep moving.. tomorrow it is!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Prior to a month ago, this was every day, so much so fast that I didn't even taste it.

I enjoy my food much more now.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    yea i had a bunch of reeses cups, but i just walked it all off for 8 miles.
    Dude my parents sent me a giant bag of Reeese cups in a car package they are like crack cocaine. I had to run 8 miles yesterday to burn off the ridiculous amounts of calories I've consumed in PB and chocolate amazingness.

OP you so aren't alone! I've had a bad week! I've found it's a lot easier when I don't keep cheat foods in the house!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I had a vanilla milk shake last night. Today was a new day.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I burned 1000 cals last night mountain biking then for dinner I ate chicken express. its not a big deal . You can eat "unhealthy" and it not hurt you.. Be consistent with your exercise and less consistent with eating KFC and you will be fine ..

Why are you even guilty?? Were you guilty with each bite you took .. doesn't that just sound weird?
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    I have been ducking and dodging the various candy bowls, Halloween Donuts and other stuff in this office but I did slip up on the oreos...I would feel much safer if I could work from home until after the holidays.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    If you get right back on the wagon it won't be a slip up at all!!!! Remember it's a lifestyle change and you can't take away everything you enjoy or you won't stick to it long term.

I know it's still hard not to beat ourselves up, I do alot, but I've made it this far. Keep to it.

I had a pumpkin pie blizzard the other day... and a cheeseburger... and some girl guide cookies haha. See we all do it.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    the weekend consisted of brunch...cookies..fries..fried chicken...lots and lots of wine, so yes! lol ive been ok the last few days eating wise, back on the workout train tonight :)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a perfect cheat day to me, except you missed out a slice of Pizza.
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Just remember how gross it feels to eat all that stuff. I always feel sluggish and bloated after a day of bad eating or drinking soda all day and no water.

A day here and there won't kill you. Get a killer workout in and eat great tomorrow. Focus on how good it feels to stay on track!!

....I would kill for some mac and cheese right now. Its a serious addiction. I'm considering seeking professional help. :)
  • kramalicious
    Options
    Best thing to do is to write that day off and start fresh the next day, maybe add in a little extra burn. Just don't "ride the guilt" and decide you've blown the week. You'll feel fine once you get back to taking care of business.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm making up for a pre-planned splurge day last week (see below for a reprint of yesterday's 'confession'). Keep your head up and stay on track; you'll be AOK!

~~~~~~~~~~

Confession time: I was in St. Louis for 3 days last week on a business trip. I made my return day a splurge day so that I could eat "Pappy's Smokehouse" (featured on Man vs. Food). No, I didn't do an asinine food challenge, but I did order enough food to easily feed 2-3 people. I divided this food into 3 meals that I ate in the afternoon through to early evening. My flight didn't arrive until after 10pm, so I also ate Whopper. When I weighed myself the next morning, I was 7 lbs heavier than when I left 4 days earlier; that's significantly more than the calories or weight of the food should've added on. My theory is that day's high sodium intake is responsible. That was a wake up call for me. I've given myself 1 week to drop the weight before I have to update my weight on MFP. I've dropped 2 lbs in the 3 days by increasing my cardio; feel the burn!
  • Hellguy76137
    Hellguy76137 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't wanna talk about KFC. If I ever fall of the vegetarian wagon I am going to crawl into a bucket of KFC Original recipe and eat myself into a fat-induced coma. The ONLY craving I have after a year of being meatless is fried chicken. Enjoy a piece for me.
  • lisasp4
    lisasp4 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

Your comments made me smile and I feel less guilty now :)

MFP works wonders!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    You posted here and made yourself accountable for it. That's a big deal. Everyone falls off the wagon, sometimes for longer than a day. You'll dust yourself off with minimal damage done. But do think about how gross it feels to have eaten that :P It can't feel good.

Personally, I went from eating a disgusting amount of Wendy's 3-4 days a week to not even wanting to touch fast food.
  • Mscrosado1
    Options
    I LOVE ME SOME KFC, BUT YEAH LIKE SOME SAID JUST BE CONSISTANT WITH YOUR WORK OUT. YOU WILL BE FINE, MY GUILTY PLEASURE TODAY IS A GLASS OF WHITE WINE!!! LIQ CAN BE VERY FATTY BUT ITS MY SNACK FOR TODAY, I NEED TO LAY OFF, BUT THIS IS MY DOWN FALL. SO I LEARNED TO PORTION AND BE HAPPY WITH A TASTE THEN THE WHOLE BOTTLE, SAME AS FOOD!!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ME SOME KFC, BUT YEAH LIKE SOME SAID JUST BE CONSISTANT WITH YOUR WORK OUT. YOU WILL BE FINE, MY GUILTY PLEASURE TODAY IS A GLASS OF WHITE WINE!!! LIQ CAN BE VERY FATTY BUT ITS MY SNACK FOR TODAY, I NEED TO LAY OFF, BUT THIS IS MY DOWN FALL. SO I LEARNED TO PORTION AND BE HAPPY WITH A TASTE THEN THE WHOLE BOTTLE, SAME AS FOOD!!

If a 90 calorie glass of white wine is a problem, then I'm about to drink a whole bottle o' problems