Anybody else feel like they can't stop themselves???

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    The reason why it is so easy for you to binge, especially at night is because you haven't had enough calories and the right food in your system for the day! It's so easy to be good during the day and even skip snacks or cut your meals short but it's important to eat the right food even if you're not in the mood so that by the end of the day, you're not starving:noway: ! It all catches up to you then because that's usually when people are slowing down and relax so it's easier to think about those delicious temptations:devil: ! I used to eat almost half of my calories for the day, at night :blushing: until I trained myself to eat the right food all day! Also after your workouts its important to eat sumthing healthy, mainly protein so that your muscles can rebuild. Your body is a sponge after working out so it's dying to soak sumthing up:drinker: ! Carbs are good 30 minutes to an hour before your workout! Hope this helps! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the reminder!:flowerforyou:
  • gator2010
    Options
    You are exactly right! Thanks for the insight! :smile:
  • LisaNBorchers
    Options
    Mmmm....hummas and pita chips:) I binged on this for the last two days. DH was in charge of shopping this week:noway:

The one thing I have cured is my after workout binge...I am taking a protien shake right after my work out. Iso Flex Chocolate Mint, in my mind it tastes the same as Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps:bigsmile:

The night time binging is still an issue for me...I am learning to compensate but O how I LOVE snacks:blushing:
  • weebles
    Options
    I have a problem with middle of night snack....

You would think after doing the 30 Day Shred AND my gazelle I would be too pooped to get up during the night. It's usually after about 2 hours of hard sleep. I just wake up and crave something. I have a glass of water next to my bed and drink that during the night when I feel the urge....but sometimes I just can't stop myself. Then I wind up having a Kellog's Fiber Plus bar. Darn cravings!!!!! :angry:
  • onelegpat
    onelegpat Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    How's it going 2 weeks later?
  • Slipperystar
    Slipperystar Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For example, tonight I was craving honey graham crackers. I ate a whole packet of them....9 whole sheets, plus peanut butter on them!!! The other night I ate almost a whole box of cereal. I am hungry when I start eating, but then I just keep going and going. I feel so out of control and I really need to stop!! Anyone else experience the same thing? :huh:
    I uncontrollably eat unrefined carbs as well......if you want to have a snack have a few hardboiled eggs, or a few sticks of celery with the peanut butter, something lower in carbs, that won't get you binging and is easier to control.