Best at home exercises to drop weight??????

Options
124»

Replies

• MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    You Are Your Own Gym by Mark Lauren. Get that book (I borrowed it for free at the library)....it's a great workout of body weight exercises. There's even an app for it if you have a smart phone.

Right now I am doing the New Rules of Lifting Weights for Women and am doing them specifically at home. They require at least a set of dumbbells. It's a great workout.

There are groups on MFP for both books. NROL4W was a little harder to understand but once you get it, it's a great workout.

Good luck!
  • lululucky1
    lululucky1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    personally i have had the best results at home, I have completed p90x and Insanity. I have picked up a few dumbells at sports authority but wish i would have gotten the ones that left you pick the weight so that I dont have to keep buying new ones when the prior weight gets easy. I also found an affordable treadmill on craigslist. I have three girls and it is much easier to work out at home... no excuses that I dont have a sitter:0)
  • sarahemily86
    sarahemily86 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Great topic!
  • sakchange
    sakchange Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The best thing that works for me is to get out and do my yard work and REALLY go at it. I cut the grass with a reel lawn mower (the old timey type that has the cylinder that rolls). I do trim work with a pair of scissors so that I have to bend and stretch, and no leaf blower to clean the drive, an old fashioned broom works FINE and doesn't cost a penny. I use as few or as simple tools as possible and have seen GREAT results.

I love gardening too...but here we dont have one in the flat :(
    but good for you..!!!! :D