What a difference a year can make

Options
erikazj
erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
Here is a picture of me a year ago at my sister's birthday party. I'm on the right:

n618640520_5838203_829.jpg

This is me this year at the same sister's birthday party. I'm on the left:

20461_343246970730_672680730_5259133_4530106_n.jpg

I'm posting this because I've been struggling a bit with it recently, and thought I should remind myself how far I've come. I started on MFP in the middle of March last year, and although I've still got some way to go, I think I've managed to make quite a big difference in a little less than a year.

Replies

• CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    Way to go! Sometimes we just have to step back and look at where we've started from! Good job.
  • kdiddydizzle
    Options
    Oh my gosh. Keep it up. That is a huge difference in those pictures. You are looking fantastic. Congrats on all the weight loss so far. That's awesome! You go girl.
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
    i love seeing this work..
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    BLIMEY O'RILEY! Well done! :happy:
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    That is great!!! Thank you for sharing, we all can use a bit of encouragement and your success is it!! Keep up the great work ~ you CAN do it!!:drinker:
  • burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think I'm gunna take some pics 2nite to have a reminder - so I can look back and hopefully acheive what you have...

Looking fantastic fair play...
  • weebles
    Options
    You look GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    AMAZING. And thank you for the incentive for all of us too to remind of what we can accomplish, like you have. Keep the good times rollin'!!!
  • rvkirk
    rvkirk Posts: 37
    Options
    Wow the shape of your face has really changed, you look great and so happy:) Well done.
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look awesome!!! I bet you feel a lot different than you did a year ago too.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    You look like an entirely different person. Way to go and keep up the great work!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Dayum girl,,, :smile:

((You feel better and I'm happy for you, but you were really pretty before also honey,,,))
  • AllisonMS
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Totally inspiring! Way to go!
  • erikazj
    Options
    Dayum girl,,, :smile:

((You feel better and I'm happy for you, but you were really pretty before also honey,,,))

Thanks everyone...and thanks Casper :smile: I'm working on getting me some of that muscle tone!

As well as posting for my own motivation I thought it would be good for people to see what can be achieved with slow and steady. I'm 5 foot 8 inches and my base calories are set to 1600, I don't normally eat less than that (sometimes it happens but not so often!). Projecting for the year I will have lost just over a pound a week on average (although of course it doesn't come off as regularly as that!). You don't have to starve yourself. You don't have to eat so little you feel miserable...and believe me you can have the odd treat now and then...I'm just trying to remind myself of that right now!!!

Thanks again to everyone for the kind messages, and good luck to you all in your journeys.

Erika
  • nsgrimm
    Options
    You look great!!!! Keep up the good work =O)
  • erikazj
    Options
  • HotMommy0609
    Options
    You look amazing!! I love your dress in the after shot! :love:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! :flowerforyou: And that dress is so cute on you. Congratulations on coming so far! Even if you're feeling a little down now, I bet you feel great compared to last year, and you deserve to. :smile:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing and beautiful! Keep it up:)
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    wow!! Awesome thanks for sharing!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!