Fitbit

Options
Can anyone give me any pros or cons for the fitbit. Or if you use something else.

Replies

• parallax693
    Options
    I've only had mine a week, but I really like it. I like knowing my step count, how many calories I've burned, it syncs with my fitness pal, and I like the sleep function. The only real con so far is the cost. It motivates me to walk more and get more exercise. It's supposed to stay charged for a week, but mine doesn't last quite that long. Hope that helps.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I bought the Fitbit Zip a few days ago and I am liking it so far. I love that it syncs with MFP and motivates me to be more active.
  • oldsalty1
    Options
    Mine was a gift...and I am very pleased with the functions....the motivation to not stop walking or stair climbing until you hit your goals, the calorie burn counter....All in all it is a great tool for weight loss for life.
    I certainly did not realize how inactive I was prior to the 1st day I sinc'd it with MFP...

Was easily hooked up and ready to use almost immediately...

My only warning is it is addictive...
  • melshipp
    melshipp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome - We can now get the Fitbit in Australia - the new ultra is coming out here end of the month and for only $120 - I have linked a page where you can buy if from on my facebook profile - Hopefully someone gets the hint & buys if for my upcoming birthday.

Has anyone used the Aria scales???
  • reedusf
    reedusf Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've had mine about 2 months. I like it but I haven't really used it lately. I wish it was waterproof as I do water aerobics. I check it often because it occasionally gives me phantom steps for driving and things like that. Also the MFP sync is a blessing a curse as I'm not exactly sure how the adjustment numbers are calculated. It was giving me some pretty big adjustments on days I wasn't even wearing it. I'm talking adjustments of like 700-800 calories and its been sitting on my desk 24 hours plus. I rest it, unsynced and resynced it and that seems to have corrected the problem.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for less then a week and I love it. Pros: Calorie, step and stair counter. I also really like the sleep counter.

Cons: I washed mine last night. Not good for a FitBit. :( Mine is currently sitting in a bowl of dry rice and hopefully will survive but I have my doubts. If it doesn't survive I will buy a new one and hopefully be more carefully. If I have to buy a new one that was a terrible waste of $100.00 but I already want a new one.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Pros - It tells you how many steps, flights of stairs, and distance you go. You also have the time on it and if you get the ultra it will help track your sleep. I love my fitbit cause it will tell me how much activity I do at work since I can not guess appropriately. It is easy to use and can be hidden on a bra or in a pocket. It is pretty accurate for walking. I love seeing how much I move at night, I don't know why it interests me so much but I love checking it first thing in the morning. It has a website you can check on and its free, no charge later on.

Cons - It will not work for sedentary exercise. It does not work on heart rate but on movement so you will not get a 100% read on what you really burned. It is not water proof.

P.S I have had mine since February 2012
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Awesome - We can now get the Fitbit in Australia - the new ultra is coming out here end of the month and for only $120 - I have linked a page where you can buy if from on my facebook profile - Hopefully someone gets the hint & buys if for my upcoming birthday.

I bought the fitbit in QLD around a month ago and bought the Aria scales at the same time. Love them both!
  • jwolfe0709
    jwolfe0709 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Ultra and I love it! It's sort of depressing that I never realized how little I moved on a normal day.

Pros:
    -Very small, about the size of a jump drive
    -Truly motivates you to move more
    -Free website, somewhat similar to MFP but a little more complicated

Cons:
    - Hard to see the display in the sun
    - Doesn't sync wirelessly (base station has to be plugged into a computer)
    - Website profile/tracking is pretty complicated

Overall, I'm very happy with it!
  • artappel
    Options

I bought the fitbit in QLD around a month ago and bought the Aria scales at the same time. Love them both!

Had mine just under a month and it is a motivator I try to walk at least 8km/day. I iwll be getting Aria scales as a reward for when I hit 95kg. I have lost 11 kg so far. I should be putting my order in for the Aria by the end of Oct. Fingers crossed.
  • judykmmg
    judykmmg Posts: 56 Member
    Options

• marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I am just hearing about the Aria scales. What is so great about them and do they work with the fitbit? LOL Sorry if I sound silly but this is all new to me.
  • judykmmg
    Options
    I love my fitbit! I have had it since June of this year. Love all the features. As for the Aria scale, I have one of those, too. I like them but they are overpriced. It's a regular scale with bluetooth. The scales have a hard time syncing sometimes. But I have found that they will eventually sync with the web site. Mine will sync at least once a week. I don't know why it doesn't sync every time I weigh??? I wrote customer service, and all they could tell me is that it will look for the signal until it finds it. Needless to say, I do like the Aria scale. I thought about returning them but decided to keep them. A little hint - they will eat your batteries up! Buy the rechargeable kind for this scale.
  • judykmmg
    Options
    The Aria scale will log your weight and BMI into your fitbit account. You can add guests to your scale and it will keep track of all user's weight. It's a pricey gadget, but I like mine.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    My scales synch by the time I walk from my bathroom to my computer everytime so far. Glad I haven't had that issue!

The Aria scales tell you body fat too which is nice and it's all on a graph on the fitbit site that you create an account with as well as all your fitbit ulta data.
  • TraceAT
    TraceAT Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's a great little TOOL for motivation. Very discreet but could be easily lost. You can forget you're wearing it.
    If you can afford it, use in conjunction with a Heart Rate Monitor for exercise it can't track.
    The battery life in my Fitbit is around 12 days, which I think is impressive. I've had it for just over 2 months. :happy:
  • mrsbonnie72
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I think I will go online and purchase one this weekend.