After one month, I am twenty pounds lighter! (with pics)

Options
Hi all!

I didn't take any photos before I got started (probably because I have done that before and then fallen off the fitness wagon), but I have a few from about a year and a half ago that give you an idea of where I was. On Labor Day, September 3rd, 2012, I started my journey at 247 pounds.

IMG_3974_zps2515445b.jpg

IMG_0672_zps74f88915.jpg

IMG_2464_zpse5b2b887.jpg

This morning, exactly one month later, I was down to an even 227 pounds. After thirty days of retraining my body to eat only appropriate portions and only when necessary while getting at least a half-hour of walking or biking in (almost) daily, I have lost twenty pounds. I could hardly imagine feeling better about myself...but I suppose that will come when I have reached my goal and I'm not just 1/4 of the way. :smile:

IMG_4135_zps7aefc860.jpg

IMG_4140_zpsd90fc965.jpg

And in case anyone was wondering, yes, that is the exact same purple shirt from the third before picture. Looks a bit less strained now, huh? :laugh:

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!