Best things to eat before bed?

I know you're supposed to wait 2-3 hours after you eat before you go to bed. But I was wondering if there was like something that was best to eat before you wait those 2-3 hours. like toast or something. Personally I just microwave a cup of almond milk and then i'm set. Just wondering what other people do and trying to get some ideas

Replies

• jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    I LOVE my sugar free jello with real whipped cream.... but that`s just me :)

:flowerforyou:
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Sometimes I'll have a bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon.

Or a banana.

Sugar free hot cocoa is a good choice.

I eat anytime before bed, whether it be 2 hours or 30 minutes. My metabolism is running 24/7, after all. Plus, we are cutting calories so it's not like we are eating huge meals (800+ calories) all at once, right before laying down... almond milk is easy for the body to digest, and low calorie.
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    I eat a piece of pumpernickel toast with peanut butter, and a cup of hot tea.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    fats and slow releasing protein before bed.

examples:
    12 almonds, 1/2 cup cottage cheese

casein shake w/ 1 TBSP almond butter
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    You can eat before you go to bed, it's ok. It won't do anything bad.
  • elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Sometimes I'll have a bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon.

Or a banana.

Sugar free hot cocoa is a good choice.

I eat anytime before bed, whether it be 2 hours or 30 minutes. My metabolism is running 24/7, after all. Plus, we are cutting calories so it's not like we are eating huge meals (800+ calories) all at once, right before laying down... almond milk is easy for the body to digest, and low calorie.

I love almond milk. Sometimes i'll mix cinnamon into the flavoured almond milk. Tastes really good and like I said before. I don't eat or drink any dairy products.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    I know you're supposed to wait 2-3 hours after you eat before you go to bed. But I was wondering if there was like something that was best to eat before you wait those 2-3 hours. like toast or something. Personally I just microwave a cup of almond milk and then i'm set. Just wondering what other people do and trying to get some ideas

It does not matter when you eat. All that matters is a calorie deficit for the day.
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Mrs.TheFinalThird.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    PB + Bacon Sammich.
  • I usually have my protein shake cus I've been exercising at night, then I'm asleep like 3-4 hours later
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Really? No one has made a dirty joke yet?
  • PB + Bacon Sammich.
    YUMMO!!
  • I have cottage cheese or a protein shake
  • elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Mrs.TheFinalThird.

haaha best answer
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    hhmm dont think it is safe for me to answer this question...lol... sorry mind in the gutter.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    I don't think there's anything wrong with eating before bed and will continue to do so. I sleep well with a snack in my tummy, and it calms some acid reflux issues I have that make it hard to sleep. (Note, I didn't say go crazy snacking and go way over your cals). My current go-to bedtime snack is cucumber with a touch of seasoned salt. Crunchy and yummy, I get another veggie in for the day and it's low cal.
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    I'm eating Klondike bars right now, no guilt.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I like a warm bowl of cream of wheat..
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    You can eat before you go to bed, it's ok. It won't do anything bad.
    It wont do anything bad but you loose the benefits of IGF release during REM sleep to aid muscle recovery and fatty acid metabolism due to circulating blood insulin.
    Im all about my late night buffets. I like your style ;)
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    ahhh! here it is! duh!