Weight loss pills

Options
Okay i know taking diet pills can be considered an easy way out, but I would like some suggestions on some to try that work. Post your opinion and of course sucess stories.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,117 Member
    Options
    Good luck with this topic. They are generally considered unsafe weight loss aids. This doesn't usually go well in these fitness forums.
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • Sojaided34
    Options
    I take biotin and niacin. Helps with metabolism and fatty acids. They are safe to take and are in the vitamin section. I stay away from diet pills myself. I'd go to the nutrition store in your area and ask what types of vitamins you can take instead of actual diet pills.
  • mandy0688
    Options
    I take biotin and niacin. Helps with metabolism and fatty acids. They are safe to take and are in the vitamin section. I stay away from diet pills myself. I'd go to the nutrition store in your area and ask what types of vitamins you can take instead of actual diet pills.

Has it worked for you?
  • Meribeth928
    Options
    I would stay away from "diet pills" however there are natural vitamins that help with metabolism. I take green coffee bean extract and raspberry kerotine everyday...cinnamon is also good for metabolism and can be bought in pill form.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Drink a few espresso's a day, it will be the same thing as taking those metebolife style diet pills. They only work by pumping your body full of caffeine to increase your heart rate and thereby your metabolism.

I'm not a believer in the natural supplement stuff either, to be honest. Every peer reviewed study I've read have shown no measurable results/effects with the use of green tea or cinnamon. As Sheldon says, buy them if you want "very expensive urine" :)
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Look into TTA and see if its right for you.
  • mandy0688
    Options
    Drink a few espresso's a day, it will be the same thing as taking those metebolife style diet pills. They only work by pumping your body full of caffeine to increase your heart rate and thereby your metabolism.

I'm not a believer in the natural supplement stuff either, to be honest. Every peer reviewed study I've read have shown no measurable results/effects with the use of green tea or cinnamon. As Sheldon says, buy them if you want "very expensive urine" :)

I am not much of any kind of coffee or espresso, i can never get used to the taste. Any other suggestions
  • mandy0688
    Options

Not to be dumb or anything but what is TTA? I never heard of it
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. Just diet and exercise. The weight will come off.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    I don't think weightloss pill are an easy way out. They just don't work.

You have to eat to lose...
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

That's why he told you to look into it.

Google?
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    If you read the small print on all of those bottles it says "to be taken in conjunction with a calorie controlled diet and exercise programme"...

Soooooooo in my opinion, its nonsense.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    green tea is a natural fat burner
  • km202
    km202 Posts: 112
    Options
    Carnitine (just a vitamin supplement, naturally found in the body) aids in fatty acid metabolism. :D
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

Tetradecylthioacetic Acid. 1 gram/day is pretty effective at increasing fat loss during a cut, or helping minimize fat gain during a bulk.
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just started Jillian Michael's 14 day cleanse thing. There are different pills you take every day for just 14 days. So far I am getting ready to be on day six after I finally decide to go to bed! The first 7 days is a detox/cleansing pill, and you can still eat what you would usually eat! I know for a fact that the detox/cleansing pills are working, because, and i know most dont want to know this, but i am the type of person who only has a bowel movement maybe once a week. and i never have any energy because of lack of sleep. since starting this, i am pooping at least twice a day, sleeping, better, and have a ton more energy!

Plus even better its less than 20 bucks!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    Carnitine (just a vitamin supplement, naturally found in the body) aids in fatty acid metabolism. :D

Do you have any research supporting those fat metabolism claims? I've been searching for a while but only found some legitimate articles regarding its benefits in for other issues.
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    Oh this topic.

Yes, there are weight loss pills/fat burners/energy boosters. Yes, they can be helpful....

BUT

If your diet sucks and your training isnt adequate youll just be burning your wallet.
    There is no magic pill that will ever replace hard work and dedication. Period.

I know a number of good products and what to look for. PM me if you want info but be aware: I'm probably gonna change your diet first.