Good workout DVDs yo purchase?

Options
Besides the infamous (but expensive) P90X and Insanity series any recommendations on at home workout DVDs to buy?
I checked out a couple Denise Austin DVDs at the library but had to take them back. I'm looking for something that leans towards strength training/muscle toning, which could also involve resistant bands and/or an exercise ball. Or something that has worked for you!

Replies

• Theomang
    Options
    There really isn't much out there in my opinion.
    Google would be your best bet. Look at the reviews etc.
  • Coopertown3
    Coopertown3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Anything by Cathe Friedrich--you can purchase digital downloads also--Bob Harper has good DVD's also and his are on sale alot Cathe--Cathe.com Bob Harper is mytrainerbob.com--- Hope this helps!!!
  • jamaicanmircrzy
    jamaicanmircrzy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oi vey apologies for the typos in both my previous threads!
  • appi1981
    Options
    Just finished day 81 of tapout xt all resistance its a mix of cardio and resistance strength training love it
  • jhall1255
    jhall1255 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i just finished day 10 of 30 day shred. i love it. i like the jillian michaels dvds a lot. i got 3 for 20 bucks off amazon.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jillian Michaels:

30 Day Shred
    Kickbox FastFix
    No Trouble Zones
    Extreme Shed
    Killer Buns and Thighs
    Body Revolution
    Ripped in 30
    6-Week Six Pack
    Yoga Meltdown
  • acev982000
    Options
    I've been doing x factor st. It's alot cheaper than Insanity or P90x.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I agree with anything by Cathe Friedrich.
    Her workouts are great and you can find both great Cardio incl. HIIT or even Tabata drills and weight training.
    Love her workouts.If you want a 3 month series, her STS series are probably what you want. But that is pure resistance training.

Have done a lot of Jillian Michels too, but she kinda goes on my nerves with her yelling. So if I do them now, I mute her lol.
  • minnielovesmickey
    minnielovesmickey Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

The only exercise DVD I've ever purchased was Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.

The workouts are available to watch for free on YouTube, but after my internet connection went down mid work
    I decided to play it safe & purchase as copy from Amazon.........Certainty the best £5 I ever spent.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred
    Zumba Flat Abs
  • HeatherPH
    HeatherPH Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jillian Michaels:

30 Day Shred
    Kickbox FastFix
    No Trouble Zones
    Extreme Shed
    Killer Buns and Thighs
    Body Revolution
    Ripped in 30
    6-Week Six Pack
    Yoga Meltdown

I second this! I have tried all of these besides Killer Buns, Yoga Meltdown and Body Revolution, and they're all great. My favourite for weights-based would be No More Trouble Zones. She also has an intense cardio dvd called Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. It's a killer!
  • gazelleintraining
    Options
    A solid resistance band workout I like is Gaiam's Tricord: http://www.target.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/p/gaiam-resistance-cord-workout-kit/-/A-10397656

And for toning, you can't beat Gilad from Bodies in Motion: http://bodiesinmotionwithgilad.com/gilads_total_body_sculpt.htm
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    check out collage videos (collagevideo.com or collagevideos.com- I forget which) you can sort through their hundreds of videos by training type (weight training, aerobics, ball based, step based, dancey, not dancey etc), by level, by prefered instructor and other factors, which will help narrow to the category your interested in. All of their dvds have been reviewed by a certified trainer and you can read the review by the trainer as well as the reviews by people who have bought and/or tried the work outs- Plus they have an easy return policy, ship many items free in the US and even ship internationally.
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I agree about Jillian Michaels - then I discovered Jackie Warner - she kicks butt too - whilst toning it! I have 6 Jillian DVDs and 3 Jackie ones and mix them up!
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love my JM dvd's I alternate weeks with 30DS, RI30 & 6WK6PK. RI30 is definitely my fav as far as any weights related stuff goes.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    As alot of people have already stated, Jillian Michaels is awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/X-TrainFit-At-Home-Workout-Complete/dp/B004ODAVZ8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=77U5OH5KQKVP&coliid=I1Z20O2WEC0YE

This one looks promising. It's on my Wishlist and am hoping to get it after I have the baby.
  • Katiebeth2005
    Options
    I agree Bob Harper is awesome. He motivates me. I also like Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone
  • jamaicanmircrzy
    jamaicanmircrzy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yahoo! Thanks for all the feedback, this will make researching/shopping for a DVD a lot more feasible and dare I say fun? I wish the library had more up to date fitness DVDs that way I could try them out before purchasing them. But with your guys help I'm excited to get my home fitness on! :)
  • 33Peaches33
    33Peaches33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can get some good workouts for free on youtube.

I really like Tonique

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMGUk6efduY&list=PLC43A6874A7577510&feature=plcp

and Zuzka Light's channel

http://www.youtube.com/ZuzkaLight
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Second many of the above videos. Also I was pleasantly surprised by the Crunch Fat Burning Pilates video.
    Also got one of the Biggest Loser videos and hate it.