Tips for Getting Rid of Baby Belly?

Options
I had my second child 4 months ago and am having the darnedest time getting rid of this baby belly. Does anyone have any tips on things they did that really helped with toning up their stomach after kids? I feel as though Ab exercises just aren't enough for me anymore.

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    caloric deficit and cardio was the only thing that worked to get my baby gut smaller
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    sometime is it just your uterus returning to its normal shape. give it time. track your food, exercise. There is stuff under that belly that has to recover as well.
  • tetecia
    tetecia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's only been 4 months, so give it a tad time. As for myself, in Jan it will be 4 years since i had my youngest and i still have a tad of a 'baby pouch'. It's not dreadfully noticeable, hell i don't even notice it much unless i'm sitting. But, what i've learned is ab workouts and keep you calories-in vs calories-out in sync. This site really helps you see what your in and out is and helps you coordinate that with whatever kind of plan you doing.
  • ashleydillinger
    ashleydillinger Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    4 months is not very long! I'm 3 months postpartum and I only JUST started working on it. You should know, giving birth is not an easy thing. Be patient with your body, stay active, and don't eat junk. Your body will do it's job.
  • raintoad
    Options
    Jackie Wicks who is part of Peertrainer.com. There is an article titled "How to Get Rid of Belly Fat". I would read it and see if there are any good ideas for you to use. I like the website for ideas and I apply what works for me. Healthy eating, watching calorie intake and water aerobics works for me. Slow and steady though. Good luck!