Lunch Ideas please

Options
doitforabby
doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
I am in need of some, quick, easy, no heat lunch ideas. Getting really bored with salad!

Replies

• chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Like Chicken salad?

I can of chicken, 2 Tbsp of Light mayo,1 Tbsp sweet relish( if you prefer dill its less calories) and 1 carb balance WW tortilla
    =355cal
  • tinkteri
    Options
    I am a visiting nurse who is addicted to fast foods..

Now what I do is plan ahead...Boars head turkey, lett.tom on a whole wheat bagel thin, make a smoothie with whey protein , strawberries and sometimes some greek yougart and freeze for the next day, hard boiled eggs and cut up fruit/vegies...and always a jug of water.

Hope this helps
  • doitforabby
    Options
    I am a visiting nurse who is addicted to fast foods..

Now what I do is plan ahead...Boars head turkey, lett.tom on a whole wheat bagel thin, make a smoothie with whey protein , strawberries and sometimes some greek yougart and freeze for the next day, hard boiled eggs and cut up fruit/vegies...and always a jug of water.

Hope this helps

How are the bagel thins? I've tried the sandwich thins and those are quite good. I'll have to try these!
  • tinkteri
    Options
    I think they have a much better texture...110 cal I think 5gm fiber.
  • GardenDelight
    GardenDelight Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Avocado & chickpea sandwich. Sounds weird but super yummy if you like the ingredients!

Smash 1 avocado with 1/3 can of chick peas, cilantro, lemon juice, green onions. Place on a layer of spinach on whole wheat bread. Very filling. Plan about 15 min prep.

Around 375 cal
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've been doing ham and cheese wraps a lot lately

Flat Out multi grain wrap /w flax - 100 cal
    6 slices oscar mayer deli thin black forest ham - 45 cal
    1 slice pepperjack cheese - 70-80 cal depending on brand
    and at least 1 cup Marketfresh (Walmart) half & half lettuce mix

I've also recently added in a yummy convenient snack. Seaponit Farms has steam packs of edamame that are 90 calories with 8 grams of protein. Not nearly as good as the ones you get in a thai restaurant but they're quite tasty and fresh with a hint of salt. Also found these at WalMart.
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    83035186850597629_ZVDyrBMr_c.jpg

Although.. I highly recommend getting on Pinterest & doing a search for 'lunch' .. seriously some amazing ideas on there!
    http://pinterest.com/search/?q=lunch

:-)
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    sabra hummus singles & baby carrots or snyders 100 cal pretzel stix
    hard boiled egg, peeled and ready
    babybel cheese rounds
    crunchy veggies
    grilled chicken made at home in excess so u can take it to work for lunches
    and a nice piece of fresh fruit for fiber and to satisfy a sweet tooth.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Boars head turkey,

While I LOVE me some Boar's Head, I think all lunch meats like that are pressed and processed. If you can find a BBQ place in your area that smokes turkey like Rudy's here in Texas, you can buy smoked turkey by the pound and it will be better than the processed sliced stuff. Usually taste way better as well.
  • yvilla363
    yvilla363 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try making a wrap. I made one today with Flat Out wraps, 5 pieces of Budding turkey, a tbsp off Chive & Onion cream cheese, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, baby spinach leaves, and some slices of avocado.

I will admit I was not a fan of the Flat out Wrap..it seemed "gummy" to me. Next time I am going to make it with half a Mission Spinach Tortilla Wrap.
  • onanapamela
    Options
    I like the wrap idea like someone has already suggested. No heat...humm? How about left-overs. You might want to consider cooking meals the night before. Meals that can be eaten cold. And salads are not that bad, you have to add a twist to them and bring in some variety. IN regards to the cold leftovers you can have a cold salmon ( turkey or chicken) sandwich on wheat bread with a bag of sweet potato chips. Good luck. :)
  • dbarbin
    dbarbin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bagel thins are great:smile:
  • amberiam
    amberiam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can see this before I go to the grocery store again!
  • melodylyn73
    melodylyn73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    i like cut up veggies,fruit,cottage cheese,clover leaf flavor tunas,almonds ,walnuts,sunflower seeds,hardboiled eggs,etc.
  • doitforabby
    Options

Although.. I highly recommend getting on Pinterest & doing a search for 'lunch' .. seriously some amazing ideas on there!
    http://pinterest.com/search/?q=lunch

:-)

I am afraid to get on Pinterest! I've heard its addicting! I have an account, but only been on 1 or 2 times!
  • cstick13
    Options
    I've been making veggie wraps alot lately.....super yummy! I use the large spinich/Herb tortilla shells, but you could go with the whole wheat ones too. Spread with flavored hummus, reduced fat cheese if you desire, and add lots of veggies. Mix and match the veggies and hummus flavors for variety! Some ideas:

1) Spread with 2T spinich & artichoke hummus, reduced fat feta cheese, cucumber, carrots, red bell pepper, lettuce and tomato.

2) Spread with 2T supremely spicey hummus, green peppers, corn, black beans, lettuce and tomato.

Enjoy!!
  • Ajasper83
    Ajasper83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Avocado & chickpea sandwich. Sounds weird but super yummy if you like the ingredients!

Smash 1 avocado with 1/3 can of chick peas, cilantro, lemon juice, green onions. Place on a layer of spinach on whole wheat bread. Very filling. Plan about 15 min prep.

Around 375 cal

Two of my favorite things! Great idea that I am going to try...tomorrow!
  • coward60
    Options
    I do a balanced shake. 1 cup frozen mixed berries, 1/2 banana, 1 Tablespoon organic almond (or peanut) butter, 1 cup almond milk, 1 scoop protein powder (Though I do a scoop and 1/2). I have double rich chocolate protein. AMAZING shake and balanced. Tip: I mix all but protien in the blender and add protein as it is blending so it doesn't clump. About 400 cals, but you can cut the indgredients down to fit what you want. I would just cut a little across the board if you do.

Also, if you cut up some veggies (tomato, onion, lettuce) and leave them in the fridge you can use them for turkey sandwiches and fruit. I put 2 or 3 pieces of turkey bacon (about 4 or 5 mins to cook) on them and a healthy amount of turkey lunchmeat. You could even cook the bacon a day or 2 before and just reheat in a microwave at work. About 300 cals. for the sandwich. Normally no cheese, and very little low fat mayo. If you want a few extra calories you could throw cheese on there. Also, I get Nature's Own whole wheat bread (50 cals per slice).
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options
    Bump I'm desperate for good lunches
  • jnrinwa
    jnrinwa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump! Ive been in a lunch rut... these are great suggestions!