2»

Replies

• heatherterp
    Options
    What about fiber and more water?
  • Saseee
    Saseee Posts: 7
    Options
    I know it is frustrating when the scales fluctuate! But stay the course and you will prevail! Sometimes when I'm not happy with a weigh-in, I get dressed and see that the clothes are "loose" and then I'm happy again!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You WILL fluctuate, that's normal.

If anything, I'd be working on the constipation. It not only affects the scale, but really, you feel like sh** (no pun intended), when you're backed up. Some fruit have laxative properties (I know oranges make me "go"), drink lots of water, throw some lemon in it.. up your fiber.. you'll feel better and like the scale again when things start moving!

Thanks, I know this has something to do with it. I drink up half a lemon each morning, have 8 glasses of water and eat my fruit and veggies as I should. I even have ground flax seed, because I felt that this has done it for me in the past. But I guess you can't force nature :) Must be the change my body is going through for the past couple of weeks...
  • fataalic
    fataalic Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Eat a couple of prunes every morning before breakfast and you will never have problems with constipation anymore. :))
  • wallacam194
    Options
    I weigh everyday so i know what you are going through.. that number on the scale can get pretty upsetting somedays but instead of freaking out about the number think of what you did yesterday, foods you ate, did you go over your calories, sodium, bad exercise day.... another tip i have learned is what time you eat for the last time at night. I try not to eat after 6 pm and if i get hungry ill drink water (since hungry and thirsty are two sensations that are so closely related we often mistake thirsty for hungry) or ill eat a granola bar. Its hard for me to stick with the 6pm time frame sometimes because i still live with my family and we have sit down meals every night and they sometimes work late but some factors are just out of your control. idk if this will help or not but just remember dont let that number get to you all because of one bad day! its not like your gaining 2+ lbs each night! :)
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday so i know what you are going through.. that number on the scale can get pretty upsetting somedays but instead of freaking out about the number think of what you did yesterday, foods you ate, did you go over your calories, sodium, bad exercise day.... another tip i have learned is what time you eat for the last time at night. I try not to eat after 6 pm and if i get hungry ill drink water (since hungry and thirsty are two sensations that are so closely related we often mistake thirsty for hungry) or ill eat a granola bar. Its hard for me to stick with the 6pm time frame sometimes because i still live with my family and we have sit down meals every night and they sometimes work late but some factors are just out of your control. idk if this will help or not but just remember dont let that number get to you all because of one bad day! its not like your gaining 2+ lbs each night! :)

I also like to eat earlier on, like at 6 pm, but I come home from work every day at 6pm, so by the time my dinner is ready (I like it made fresh), it can get later. I wish I had a personal cook :laugh: who could feed me healthy and yummie food whenever I need it...
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    That happens to everyone. Depends on bowels, water, etc. that is why you should weigh once a week and not once a day.