THIS is what VICTORY LOOKS LIKE 77# GONE! In >7 MONTHS!

Options

Replies

• TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! You look incredible! I am so sorry for the loss of your sister and admire your strength and perserverence to keep going in the wake of her passing. You are STRONG! I am 5'6" also, but started about 50 lbs heavier than you. When I look at your pics, everything looks so tight and toned. Do you have any problems with loose skin anywhere?

A few Friends on here have asked about how I have kept firm throughout this whole thing... and I can only share what has worked in my personal experience... you notice the name "Cowgirl Kimi", thats because I run a small horse farm. So I am up and moving at LEAST 5 days a week, like clock work. I work for 3 hours straight, which includes lifting hay bales, pulling hoses, walking horses here and there, mucking stalls, shoveling occasionally, using a wheelbarrow, etc. I wear a HRM and it is a WONDERFUL thing to own! YAY! ( When I was really overweight, I would burn over 1000 cals, easy!) but now that I am in a healthy BMI, things have sloooowwweeddd down a bit. So when I am filling water buckets, I don't stand still... I am always jogging in place or doing invisible chairs. I find core strengthening exercises and I sneak em in EVERY CHANCE I GET!
    When I have to carry a broom somewhere, I carry it in front of me, with my arms extended out and holding it horizontally, while curling and walking in a lunge.... lol Yeah... I'm THAT guy. lol Once in a while someone will say something to me about it teasingly, and I will just say "Everyone here who has lost 45 inches in less than a year raise their hand"... surprisingly, I am the only one with my hand raised.. and the crowd goes silent. lol

All this being said to get to this point... the WORLD is YOUR GYM. God gave us this place to make us stronger, thriving, living humans in His image. FIND YOUR WORKOUT. <3 Who cares if you look silly for a moment? You know what? The same folks who judge you are the same ones who will beep their horns at you for taking too much time at the drive thru window at McD's. lol So what!

A few items I REALLY value to keep toned are: 1. My HRM
    2. My neoprene waist band cinchy thingy I got for 3 bucks at the walmart
    3. running shoes (I started power walking on weekend mornings... that led to shuffling my feet... that broke into faster shuffling... which eventually led to God teaching me how to RUN!) I started walking not even .1 (thats POINT ONE, NOT ONE.. POINT ONE) mile a day (yeah, i was THAT out of shape) now I run 5 miles on saturday morning and most Sundays I run at least 3.75 miles to 5 miles. I'm hooked.

You guys can DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not some super-human. I am weak, broken, have been betrayed by friends in the past, have been told I am not good enough, have been fired from jobs, have been left behind, have been cheated on, have done the cheating myself... (ack!)... thank you, Jesus, for forgiveness! But all this is not based on who I am.. its all based on what I have chosen to do with the pieces. What will you do with your pieces? Will you hide them? Will you put them away for another day.. pretend they arent there? Or will you do this... will you put them all out there and say... wow... this IS a mess... I need help here... lets untangle this... and begin to let the picture that is YOU come into focus... because friends, it IS a BEAUTIFUL and MAGNIFICENT picture!

Thank you so much! I enjoyed hearing your story today and you are so incredibly motivating and real. Keep up the amazing work and keep sharing!
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Now THAT is dedication, inspiration.....and just pure WIN!!!!

BIG CONGRATS!!!!
  • Liz1204
    Liz1204 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What an awesome VICTORY!! I'm starting out a couple lbs more than you and about 5'4" but I so look forward to the day that I can post pics that look this awesome!! Congrats:)
  • woodseer
    Options
    wow praise the lord! i too am a jesus freak!
    i have left him out of this for too long,and know he has called us to live an abundant life to the fullest, i currentlty weigh 295 pounds i have along way too go, But by His grace, i will do it!
    i am inspired and motivated by your testimony, well done.
    i need all the encouragement i can get.
    well done once again, you look amazing.
  • crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    INCREDIBLE!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I LOVE YOU, FRIEND!!!!! You are amazingly beautiful and inspiring, and I'm so glad to have you on my Home page every day! :) Truly awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Amazing results and Wow what an inspiration. No doubt.. Your story is JUST what I needed this morn. God Bless.
  • msphyl46
    Options
    You are beautiful you did a wonderful job!
  • chrissylovescj
    chrissylovescj Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Very happy for you :)
  • megnatwil
    Options
    Awesome job! You look fabulous:flowerforyou:
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Congratulations, all the hard work you did has now paid off! :)
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    "I can do ALL things through Him who gives me strength... some may think that is a silly phrase.. but lemme tell ya, you try turning away from the popcorn and nachos or soft pretzels at the movie theater when your hubby and teenager are loaded down with goodies.. and you tell me that isn't DIVINELY INSPIRED self control! Amen!"

Amen! Your story is incredible. God bless you and your family!
  • empowerme12
    empowerme12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Man I am so happy for you and I love Jesus freaks (as you call yourself). I love Jesus also and know that with Him I can do all things so that is what I have focused on during this journey. Early morning prayer and Bible reading and then workout. I am so excited for you and you look amazing. Congrats and continue to worship and pray....love it.
  • missymuffet
    missymuffet Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    WOW CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I have gained 10 lbs. back since my dad died in February so I really really take inspiration from your post. Thank you for sharing your story. I'm back on the wagon again and trying to get in there and do it!!!!

Missy
  • beckydragonpoet
    beckydragonpoet Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :drinker: You have done a great job! You are very inspiring!:happy:
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! You look so healthy and happy. Bless you on your life journey
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! You look incredible! I am so sorry for the loss of your sister and admire your strength and perserverence to keep going in the wake of her passing. You are STRONG! I am 5'6" also, but started about 50 lbs heavier than you. When I look at your pics, everything looks so tight and toned. Do you have any problems with loose skin anywhere?

A few Friends on here have asked about how I have kept firm throughout this whole thing... and I can only share what has worked in my personal experience... you notice the name "Cowgirl Kimi", thats because I run a small horse farm. So I am up and moving at LEAST 5 days a week, like clock work. I work for 3 hours straight, which includes lifting hay bales, pulling hoses, walking horses here and there, mucking stalls, shoveling occasionally, using a wheelbarrow, etc. I wear a HRM and it is a WONDERFUL thing to own! YAY! ( When I was really overweight, I would burn over 1000 cals, easy!) but now that I am in a healthy BMI, things have sloooowwweeddd down a bit. So when I am filling water buckets, I don't stand still... I am always jogging in place or doing invisible chairs. I find core strengthening exercises and I sneak em in EVERY CHANCE I GET!
    When I have to carry a broom somewhere, I carry it in front of me, with my arms extended out and holding it horizontally, while curling and walking in a lunge.... lol Yeah... I'm THAT guy. lol Once in a while someone will say something to me about it teasingly, and I will just say "Everyone here who has lost 45 inches in less than a year raise their hand"... surprisingly, I am the only one with my hand raised.. and the crowd goes silent. lol

All this being said to get to this point... the WORLD is YOUR GYM. God gave us this place to make us stronger, thriving, living humans in His image. FIND YOUR WORKOUT. <3 Who cares if you look silly for a moment? You know what? The same folks who judge you are the same ones who will beep their horns at you for taking too much time at the drive thru window at McD's. lol So what!

A few items I REALLY value to keep toned are: 1. My HRM
    2. My neoprene waist band cinchy thingy I got for 3 bucks at the walmart
    3. running shoes (I started power walking on weekend mornings... that led to shuffling my feet... that broke into faster shuffling... which eventually led to God teaching me how to RUN!) I started walking not even .1 (thats POINT ONE, NOT ONE.. POINT ONE) mile a day (yeah, i was THAT out of shape) now I run 5 miles on saturday morning and most Sundays I run at least 3.75 miles to 5 miles. I'm hooked.

You guys can DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not some super-human. I am weak, broken, have been betrayed by friends in the past, have been told I am not good enough, have been fired from jobs, have been left behind, have been cheated on, have done the cheating myself... (ack!)... thank you, Jesus, for forgiveness! But all this is not based on who I am.. its all based on what I have chosen to do with the pieces. What will you do with your pieces? Will you hide them? Will you put them away for another day.. pretend they arent there? Or will you do this... will you put them all out there and say... wow... this IS a mess... I need help here... lets untangle this... and begin to let the picture that is YOU come into focus... because friends, it IS a BEAUTIFUL and MAGNIFICENT picture!

Are you trying to make grown folks cry? Just this one post has me re-evaluating my walk with Jesus.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look great! Fit and happy! Good for you!
  • TaliaP77
    Options
    You go girl!!! Awesome job!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!