Knocking Down My Own Demons!!!

Options
:mad: I’m 35 years old, and I will openly tell the world that I have struggled with being consistent in MANY areas of my life, with that being said I started MFP two days ago and I of course almost fell off the wagon at the gas station last night. Many of you women reading this will agree with me, the hardest time of the month to have control is when you are pre-menstruating, right? As I walked to the counter last night in the gas station there they were, the infamous cash register cookies; sitting there looking like little pieces of heaven wrapped up in cellophane! Now I failed to mention how several times throughout the day I kept hearing the little devil on the right shoulder say, just go ahead and kick this thing to the curb and you can start over some other time; I fought it and fought it all day long. I got off work and went home and had almost less than one cup of rainbow sherbet to get the shakes off, but that was like giving a crumb to Respusha. Long story short, I finally knocked my knick off with 5 LOW-FAT Peel-n-PULL Twizzlers for 150 calories! This is going to be a LONG & HARD journey, but I know that the benefits are WORTH enduring! :wink:

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Controlling those inner demons is the hardest part. Even if you end up falling here and there to the different temptations just make sure you document them, that way you can use them as motivation.
  • dkoroschetz
    dkoroschetz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Twizzlers are the best!!
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    Great will power! I
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Great that you are on. Its really hard to get started. Even harder to keep with it.

Once you force yourself to log everything you will start to realize that cookie isn't worth the time it takes to log it into mfp.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Um. If you eat a little bit of the "No No" foods, just log it, and keep trudging alone. Stay consistent with your logging, meaning to do this for as long as it takes, and the weight will melt away.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    That's a great first step! Keep it up and ignoring the cravings (more often than not) will become a habit.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Great that you are on. Its really hard to get started. Even harder to keep with it.

Once you force yourself to log everything you will start to realize that cookie isn't worth the time it takes to log it into mfp.

This. When I first started, my biggest victory was instead of ordering a big mac meal, I would order a regular hamburger and small fries. in the beginning, you have to take little cuts from everything and go from there. Now, I almost never get fast food because I can eat a buffet of good food at home for the same calories. Lots of little steps will eventually lead you to realizing down the road you don't crave that stuff as much and you can walk right past those cakes, cookies and chocolates. I run a convenience store so I am constantly looking at that stuff, but since im packing my lunch now, I don't even want it. You'll get there, it just takes time.
  • tinalynn425
    Options
    Great job! :happy: Don't deprive, just think moderation and before you know it those little devils will be flat on their butts!! :bigsmile:
  • TaliaP77
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :blushing: THANK YOU ALL for your encouraging words...with this type of support and encouragement this is going to be easier than I thought!! YOU ALL ROCk!! :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • dbrownie68
    Options
    Congrats for joining MFP! That's the first step. Sharing your struggles just shows that you're willing to be accountable for your actions... that's huge in itself! It also shows you that you're not alone, everyone has demons... I let mine get the better of me, because last night, I DID fall off the wagon. But, that was then, and I'm not gonna beat myself up over it. I just have to do better today, and take it one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time. Welcome aboard!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Great job. Even when you eat something you told yourself you probably shouldn't just log it. You might see a pattern of those foods making you hungrier later (blood sugar spike) of you might find that they make little difference and are fine in moderation.

Keep up the good work.