polenta ... what to do with it?

kirsty2276
kirsty2276 Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Recipes
hi i was recommended to try polenta as a side dish but what do i do with it thanks ....ps im vege

Replies

• Grill it and make up some creamy mushroom sauce - I had it on Valentines Day for my starter and it was amazing!
  • that sounds good thanks
  • weston9595
    weston9595 Posts: 4 Member
    If you use the creamy version (that you make from a dry mix) you can add chives and lowfat cheddar and serve it along with grilled shrimp
    if you buy the premade "log", which had a more solid texture, you can grill it and serve it with grilled salmon with greek yogurt and fresh dill
  • I've always sliced it and grilled it!, topped with some homemade tomato sauce/or cheese :) YUM. I have really been wanting to try it mashed.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    With the "log" versions, I always slice them, pan cook them (in a little olive oil or olive oil spray), melt a *little* mozzarella & parmesan on them, and serve with pesto and.or marinara sauce. The pesto version is especially tasty. Can easily be made into a healthy meal.
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    it also makes amazing 'pizza' but you have to tripple bake it to make that happen

it is amazingly versatile.

Also you can mix it tonnes of different veggie/herb combinations to make it taste different. Even when your making it traditional ways either soft or baked.
This discussion has been closed.