Can't do it!! Help - getting married in 26 days!

Options

Replies

• amylouize2012
    amylouize2012 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, it's so good to know I'm not the only one.

I am going to get myself in gear from TODAY for sure, I must check and
    see are there any dance classes near me, I LOVE music and I used to
    love dancing before I put on the weight, maybe I could try getting back
    into it.
  • amylouize2012
    Options
    That is such a great idea, thanks so much.

I live with my Fiance so I will ask him to get
    on board, it would be so much easier if we
    did it togetheer and banned all take out food!
  • Yummamamma
    Yummamamma Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    eating properly and exercising lightly, I lost 9 lbs in 30 days! yes you can do it!!
  • amylouize2012
    Options
    It's late night shopping tonight so I think I'm gonna hit the shops,
    I'll try find a healthy diet book and I also have to find junk food
    alternatives!
  • djk721
    djk721 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it or you wouldn;t be on here!. My advice--GET MOVING! get all the exercise in that you can, walk, walk, walk!
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi.. welcome to MFP...

I have to be straight forward and let you know, this isnt the place for a quick fix. If you started to watch your intake, reduce procesed sugar intake, increase your water intake and seriously work out hard at least 3-4 days per work, you can see a difference in 26 days. That being said, make a realistic goal.. mabe aim for a 5 pound loss. Enjoy your wedding. I am sure you will look great in your dress.
  • amylouize2012
    Options
    Thank you for the kick in the butt, i needed that x
  • amylouize2012
    Options
    Thank you x
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Flrst of all congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

Strength training will help a lot, as well as low-carb diet. I've been doing this for the past 2 weeks and lost 6 lbs already. Even after a week, my trainer and fiance commented that my body looks smaller. Strength training will help you look more toned and preserve your muscle mass more than cardio will.

Also cut down on processed foods esp. carbonated beverages and foods with lots of sodium. Water and unsweetened teas will be great.
  • beancybrat
    beancybrat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Just take your time and let your body get used to less and less calories per day
    :)
  • jojo37696
    jojo37696 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think it's a matter of priorities with you. You have left it kind of late so either get into a routine of exercise and no junk food or looked squashed into your dress. It's your choice.
  • countrylifeny
    Options
    Congrats on getting married...I have been just eating smaller amounts and drinking lots of water and walking. I am 55 and if i can change my habits i know you can. I don't always eat what my goal says..Try eating things that will fill you up and keep you filled as long as you don't go over your goal..I started this site on Oct 2. the day after my birthday. The next day i lost 1 pound. today when i waeight in i lost 2 more and wasn't evern trying hard...I know you can do it..good luck.
    :flowerforyou:
  • amylouize2012
    Options
    I am gonna have some dinner now and I am going to go to the shops for my diet book and
    then I will do some sort of exercfise to get started and I promise I will report back. x
  • acawle00
    acawle00 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Okay, let me start off by saying I do not recommend this but since you are getting married this is what I did the month before my wedding...cut out the carbs. I'm saying like less than 25 g of carbs a day and no alcohol. I had the same problem in that I couldn't fit into my reception dress. I lost twenty pounds in one month before I got married. However, after the wedding I said to heck with that and any other type of diet/exercise and gained 35 over the next five months, which is why I don't recommend it. But if you're in a bind it could be an option. Just make sure to watch what you eat after the wedding and congratulations!

P.s. I am on this sight as a direct result of the above. My two year anniversary is next month and I am ALMOST back down to my wedding weight.
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You don't have to throw it out. Just put it somewhere until after the wedding. Like a locked box, or your fiance's house. LOL
    Just wish i wasn't adicted to crisps and jellies :cry:
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    You might try one of Jillian Michaels 30 day programs. It can really help tone you up. And do as much cardio as you possibly can - the elliptical is a good calorie torcher and very low impact. See if there's a gym nearby with a free trial period. A lot of gyms have tv's hooked to the machines, so you can watch a show while exercising. It makes the time go faster, and if it's a 1 hour show and you go hard on the elliptical the whole time you can burn 500-800 calories (depending on how hard you are working).
    Be realistic and think long-term. If you do what MFP tells you to calorie-wise, you can reasonably hope to lose up to 8 pounds. Log your calories and reduce sugar and sodium (basically processed foods) until the wedding. After the wedding if you really need those crisps and snacks that's fine, just plan your meals and exercise so they fit into your calorie goal. If you hope to make a lifestyle change, and not just lose weight for the wedding then gain more back, you have to think about what you can sustain. If you feel like you have to give up everything you love to eat, you're more likely to give up on the healthy lifestyle.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m3sartSzDW1qke924o1_500.png
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    No routine, I try to motivate myself to do classes in the gym but always find a reason not to. the only one I
    seem to stick to is a Khai Bo class once a week for 30 mins which is a disgrace really.

if a wedding hasn't motivated you in the past year or whatever of your engagement, i don't know what will.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Don't over-think it and just use MFP as designed. Put in your current measurements and goals, and even though you want to lose fast, I'd suggest sticking with an MFP target of 1lb a week. Most people here lose far more in the first couple of weeks.

Start moving doing whatever exercise you enjoy, even if it's just walking - no point in trying to do something you hate. If you end up doing more exercise, eat back around 75% of the calories you burn to allow for a margin of error.

Track EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth and carefully weigh and measure portions until you can eyeball it - that's a killer when you find you've been eating double! Then simply stop when you've reached your daily limit, or exercise yourself up some more if you're starving.

If you want some exercise that will make a visible difference, start some resistance training - Google body weight exercises for starters. When you first start from nothing you get rapid results.

Make lots of MFP friends to keep you motivated - it's a big benefit of this site!
  • ralphalfa
    Options
    You absoutely can do it! I know that extremely quick weight loss isn't necessarily recommended but you could lose a half pound a day if you set your mind to it. Lose yourself in it for the next three weeks.Watch your calories and quality of food you eat, and do lots of high intensity exercise. Each pound is apparently equal to about 3000 calories so if you reduce your intake by 750 a day and burn 750 more by getting busy you'll be able to do it. Good luck!!