Replies

• mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Push-ups, lunges, carring firewood.
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    nooo don't do stuff in a tent, go out and explore, burning many many calories while being adventurous :)
  • BRenkwell
    BRenkwell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't stay in the tent, crazy! Go on a hike, rent a bike or a canoe or something. Do something out of the ordinary! You're camping in nature - ENJOY IT!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    First of all HIKING! I love seeing new places you will love it! I also agree with Mewaybright about his stuff :) You can still do jumping jacks, sprints, sit ups, squats with wood :wink: So many options you have :) Good Luck!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Every time I've gone camping, I have had no issues getting plenty of exercise! We go hiking, walking, exploring. You won't get any exercise (or much fun) holed up in a tent!
  • HeatherTraylor
    HeatherTraylor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go hiking. Great workout. Especially if you go uphill.
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Went camping couple of weeks ago, ended up hiking 6+ miles while exploring the park.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    go for a hike
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    reverse cowgirl....in the tent.
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    Hiking, climbing, swimming, boating.....LOVE camping! We also chop our own firewood...burns lots of calories :-)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hiking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    nooo don't do stuff in a tent, go out and explore, burning many many calories while being adventurous :)

Yeah, I would definitely be going out and doing to hiking, try to use the situation to your advantage. Just keep moving quickly enough to keep your heart rate up a bit. Then, when you find a somewhat secluded spot, do other stuff there, lunges, push ups, etc. If it were me I'd probably not do anything too crazy strenuous, since last time I checked camping is still a vacation :wink:
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Go hiking, walking the trails and take in nature. You'll be surprised how far you will walk exploring without even knowing it.

Get a canoe and do some paddling about.

Swimming if it's warm enough.
  • Melolicious
    Melolicious Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Camping is a change of scenery, think more about active entertainment, not just figure out a way to do lunges in a tent. Go for a hike and lunge up the hill or stop and do pushups when your friend needs a rest. Do hill sprints if the mood strikes but enjoy the beauty of your surrounding and let it inspire you. A log has fallen on your trail, is it a nuisance or an excuse to hurdle it a few times? Maybe you have an irrational need to move a big rock. Being more active in our everyday life is my goal. I still like a kicka$$ workout but I want to make sure I'm moving more all through the day.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    When we go camping, we always find a place to hike. Even if there isn't a trail, there's always somewhere to walk and enjoy nature.
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hiking! But wear long pants for climbing deadfall and take a little first aid kit with you... :) It's fantastic exercise getting all the muscles that you don't use walking a sidewalk.....
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    campfire face-squats
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yes! Hiking! Just for kicks, put in 2 hours of hiking cross country in your exercise log to see what you can burn. It's awesome! I just went aboout a month ago and did that. Other than that, I would do a few sets of squats and lift a small set of handweights every day.
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    well, if your camp ground is like the one we go to, you can take LOTS of trips to the bathroom. i think i figured it out it's like a 1/4 mile to and from our camper to the bathroom.

depending where you are from, and if it's warm enough yet, you can always go swimming, that burns A LOT of calories.

otherwise play some bean bags, ladder golf, horseshoes, booche(sp) ball, frisbee golf, or something like that.

if nothing else, explore your surroundings with a nature hike. find the most difficult terrain your body can handle, and walk on that. burns more calories if you have to work your body more then on just a normal flat surface.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Are you Okay with grass stains on your knees hands and forehead?