Weighing In

Options
2»

Replies

• waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    2x a day, first thing in the AM and before I workout at night.

I keep track of the lowest number.

The key to weighing yourself daily is to WRITE IT DOWN so that you can extract trends. This is virtually impossible to do mentally. Even writing it down isn't always enough, its far more helpful to graph the results.
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    There is no one right way. Some people never weigh, going by measurements and visuals instead; others weight several times a day; some weigh every day, 1x a week, or every 2 weeks, or 1x a month. Some weigh before a workout at the gym, some weigh before bed.

For me, it works best if I have an official weigh in once a week -- same day every week. I weigh first thing in the morning, after I pee, stark naked. But that's just me. (I also tend to hop on the scale about once a day, sort of 'just checking', but as the time of day varies and I have my clothes and generally shoes on I don't count it, but I'm also finding that the longer I am here, the less compelled I am to weigh daily.)

If you are going to weigh, it seems logical to weigh at the same time of day wearing approximately the same thing.
  • bkibbs
    bkibbs Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Every AM, after peeing, before shower/breakfast
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    There is no one right way. You have to figure out what works for you. I weigh nearly every day because I like to know the number on the scale. The times that I've put weight on, I was in scale-avoidance mode. So now I'm no longer avoiding the scale and that means daily weigh-ins for me. However, I recognize that daily weigh-ins are not the best way to track progress. Like many people, my weight can fluctuate wildly from day to day. These fluctuations don't freak me out because I know I'm trending generally down. In addition, I also take my measurements monthly and this is another gauge of progress even if the scale isn't moving. Just find what works for you and stick with it.
  • curls22207
    curls22207 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i find i get frustrated by weighing in every day. try to weigh in once a week, usually at the start of it.
  • ewies84
    ewies84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday morning at 6:00 AM.
  • HoneyIShrunktheMom
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing on Monday mornings. I wake up, use the rest room and step on the scale. Never compare your morning weight to your evening weight; they will not be the same.
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself Tuesday mornings before I eat breakfast. I like using the Wii Fit plus because it graphs it for me too. By doing this I discovered that just before I have a significant weight loss my weight tends to spike up. I don't know why, but that is what the graph shows. I don't worry as much about a few pound increase anymore as long as I know I am eating properly and working out. :smile: