NEW GROUP- 30 Day Shred-Starting Monday!!

Options

Replies

• Semmons
    Options
    I'm with you Shelby, I have a hard time keeping at things. Here's hoping this helps us both!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    STARTING MONDAY! do we work out to it everyday?
  • jlgarcia85631
    jlgarcia85631 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Was not familiar with this 30 minute shread...just looked it up on the internet....Sounds like just what I need. I'm thinking I should drive into town to see if I cannot pick it up. Excited to try it.
  • littlesuzieq
    Options
    I'm excited! I weigh in with my biggest loser contest at work on Wednesdays. Weighing in with you guys on Monday will give me a good idea on where I will be on Wednesday.

Here's to JM kicking all of our butts!:drinker:
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yes what is the scoop. I want to join. I have been doing it in place of my regular workout if I can't go to the gym, but will do whatever you all think!!!!!!
  • DoubleAA
    Options
    I am very much interested in doing this!!!
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I AM GOING TO BUY IT TODAY...I WILL DO A DRY TEST RUN TODAY TO SEE WHAT IT EXACTLY ENTAILS AND HOW THE WORKOUTS ARE TO BE DONE.

I WILL POST THE DETAILS TOMORROW MORNING. ALSO, ANYONE WHO HAS ALREADY BEGUN-YOUR INPUT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just got the DVD in the mail yesterday and am planning to start soon.

My question is: for a beginner, what size weights should I get?
  • egust01
    Options
    Count me in! I'm heading to buy this DVD after work today. Can't wait to start feeling the burn! ..or the Shred?
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Hi! I just got the DVD in the mail yesterday and am planning to start soon.

My question is: for a beginner, what size weights should I get?

Im told 3-5lb weights are good for starting. Also, I know you should have a mat if you are working on a hard surface.

I will be using 5lb to start.
  • egust01
    Options
    Can we start early? I wanted to get going today!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Can we start early? I wanted to get going today!

You can start whenever you like! I was going to start today also but since I created this group, I think its only fair that I wait, with everyone else, until Monday.

This is by no means a competition; more like a support group for a bunch of people doing the same thing at the same time and who are best capable of understanding our pain, our gain, our loss, all of it!
  • krl523
    krl523 Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm in it to win it!:) I didnt know what the 30- Day shred was either... I checked Amazon and will be purchasing it today
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I've been doing the shred for 8 days now and I love it. I've been using 3lb weights (any heavier and I wouldn't be able to make it through the full 20 minutes). By the end of my first workout, I literally felt sick to my stomache. My endurance seems to be increasing a little bit with each workout.....although I think I'll be on Level 1 for a while. Good luck everyone!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    I requested all of you for further daily motivation...

BEST BELIEVE WE CAN DO THIS!

My diary is public for all who are looking for new ideas....I know I will be peeking at yours! LOL
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this. I may start eartier as I will be leaving on vacation March 1st and want to get in as much as I can in a week and a half. I will try my best to get it in everyday while I'm on vaca. I really like the idea of having a support system.
    Has anyone done this already?? I am not convinced that only 20 minutes a day is enough to see results. Will most likely continue with my other works out too (Spinning, Zumba, Weights)

I have seen a HUGE difference. I am not all that fit, only doing some stuff before like treadmill, wii fit, outdoor cycling family style ... but i have lost 4.5 inches of my waist in 15 days!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I advice you to all take measurements before you begin. I used the sparks people website as a guide.

Many don't lose the first week or so, then see a big jump on the scale all at once BUT will lose inches. I lost 2.5 off my stomach in FIVE DAYS. I have lost about 6 pounds since beginning this BUT am at an all time low (10 pounds to go to get to pre-pregnacy for my first pregnancy, i've already passed my pre-pregnancy weights for #2 and #3 :)) and am toning like crazy. i am doing some treadmill or wii fit along with it but not much cause i want to see what that 30dayshred does alone first
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    I would love to join this. I may start eartier as I will be leaving on vacation March 1st and want to get in as much as I can in a week and a half. I will try my best to get it in everyday while I'm on vaca. I really like the idea of having a support system.
    Has anyone done this already?? I am not convinced that only 20 minutes a day is enough to see results. Will most likely continue with my other works out too (Spinning, Zumba, Weights)

I have seen a HUGE difference. I am not all that fit, only doing some stuff before like treadmill, wii fit, outdoor cycling family style ... but i have lost 4.5 inches of my waist in 15 days!

HOLY MOLY!!! almost 5" in 15 days??? that is amazing! OOOOOHH, I cant wait to start!.

So beginning Monday, I will also post my measurements. FYI, you can get a sewing measure for $3 at Jewel, Walmart, and/or Target. WE got til Monday!
  • LuvnAG10
    Options
    I was thinking of getting this dvd but was afraid it would just collect dust like all the other ones. :) But now I'll definitely get it this weekend and start on Monday too...great idea!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Ok dumb question maybe...do i need a mat if i'm doing this on carpet? Can I do it in socks? I've never done a workout dvd before lol...