How to Wake up early and Workout

Options
I'm terrible at waking up before work to work out
I Grabbed this article from Spark People (GASP! Competing websites!)
Its a bunch of tips for making you get out of bed and workout I thought I'd share
http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=how_to_make_yourself_work_out_when_its_dark_out

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If it has more than one sentence its too long. "Make a decision to change your life; set your alarm clock, wake up and hit the door". I'm sorry but there really isn't more too it than that.
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    One tip that might help others that I do is that I don't have my alarm ( my watch band ) clock beside my bed, I leave it on the dresser so it forces me to get up and shut it off. Once you are out of bed you are ready to go!!
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    If it has more than one sentence its too long. "Make a decision to change your life; set your alarm clock, wake up and hit the door". I'm sorry but there really isn't more too it than that.

Agreed! No need to read an article. You either get up or you don't. Set the clock, move it away from you. Get up when it goes off. Done! :-)
  • Skych123
    Options
    LOL i used to put my alarm in the other room til i started crawling out of bed, hitting it off and falling asleep on the floor hahaoh.gif
  • Biffa92
    Biffa92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Before I started running, a friend said to me that "the hardest part is putting your trainers on" Thats so true, once you are up and the trainers are on, nothing else to it.................................... sort of!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Set your alarm clock across the room so you physically need to get out of bed to turn it off... Helps me!
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    LOL i used to put my alarm in the other room til i started crawling out of bed, hitting it off and falling asleep on the floor hahaoh.gif
    ^^^^That's funny^^^^
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Do it every day and go to bed early enough every night.
    It only gets easy if it becomes part of your normal sleep cycle.
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    [/quote

THIS!!!
  • ohh_myy_quad
    ohh_myy_quad Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    One tip that might help others that I do is that I don't have my alarm ( my watch band ) clock beside my bed, I leave it on the dresser so it forces me to get up and shut it off. Once you are out of bed you are ready to go!!

I did something similar....I put my alarm clock in my bathroom so in order to turn it off, I have to get up and walk over to the vanity/mirror. I can either turn it off and go back to bed and wake up feeling terrible afterwards, or grab it by the horns and reach my goal one day at a time. Once you set your mind to it, YOU WILL DO IT and not have excuses unless "life" and things you can't control get in the way. On MFP you have so many great examples and tips that can help you, get motivated, and get you geared for success. Best of luck to you.

*Mom of 3 working full-time and starting my day at 4:30 a.m.**
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Set the alarm,or set two alarms if you need to,put them across the room. Once I am up,I am ready to go after I have a cup of green tea to help energize me,then work out hard.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Just do it....
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options

100% this
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    [/quote

THIS!!!

Yup, 3:45am on weekdays, 4:45am on weekends!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My husband puts his alarm on the dresser so he has to get up and shut the alarm off. He gets up at 5am every morning to work out.. me I sleep, I would rather workout at night then to not sleep! LOL
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    They say 21 days makes a habit. ???
  • maybabier
    maybabier Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself how awesome it'd make you feel and how much you will regret if you don't get up!!!! Endorphins > Sleep!!!
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm I wonder if I could get used to sleeping in my running shoes?? :)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Getting out of bed early to workout takes pure will power. My hats off to those that can wake up at 4:30 to workout, kudos to them

Take it one step at a time

Over the summer a couple years ago, I use to get up early to workout before the sun comes up, a friend of mind wanted to tag along, so we would call each other in the morning to ensure we both got up, sometimes she didnt come, but I still went, because by the time I got up to wake her, I was already awake. So amybe you can try that, getting a workout buddy

It takes will power, take it one day at a time

Goodluck
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    [/quote

THIS!!!

Yup, 3:45am on weekdays, 4:45am on weekends!

3:00 am on weekdays. 6 am on weekends. I find I can stretch it just that much before Mondays get to be too hard to handle.