Having trouble cutting out sugar!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I eat very similar to you,but still go over in my sugar at times.As long as it's coming from healthier foods,fruits,I don"t think it matter so much,unless you are way over and have endocrine problems.Good luck!:)
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about it. Unless you have diabetes, or a similar metabolic disorder, sugar doesn't matter. Total calories do.

I couldn't have said it better myself. :)
    Yes! I just try to make sure I cut back on the sugar that's coming from processed foods and junk (though I don't always succeed). Instead of tracking sugar on my diary, I track carbs.
  • runfrommygenes
    Options
    Change your settings...??? You can change the g. of sugar you consume... Just raise it to your average when you eat healthy foods (lactose sugar, fruit sugar, etc...) Then there won't be so much red!
  • 724a
    724a Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What is your target? And what are you eating for breakfast that takes you over? That info could help.
  • heyshell79
    heyshell79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Yes, I sometimes have a sweet (very little) but it's very hard even on days that I don't to stay anywhere near the number they give me. I saw a reply that this isn't important unless you're diabetic, I'm not so maybe my efforts to stay close are enough?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about it. Unless you have diabetes, or a similar metabolic disorder, sugar doesn't matter. Total calories do.

^^^ This
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have been off sugar since August 20. I had to get off of it, because I am addicted to it, I'm sure. Anyway, I know what you mean. It is extremely difficult to find food s with no added sugar! Take yogurt for example. I cold find not yogurt without sugar added at Target or Walmart, and ther were lots of yogurts. Then I went to Whole Food, thinking it would be easy to find what I neede there. Well, they must have had a couple dozed different brands of yogurt and there was ony one brand that didn't have added sugar. I was about to give up right befor I found it. Also sugar is in tons of things that you would think would have sugar I them. It's crazy.