Fat Anchor on News

Options
sdtrex
sdtrex Posts: 18 Member
MFP has been incredibly empowering for me. But it has also made me less sympathetic to people who say they "can't" lose weight, and are playing victim or enabler, like the news anchor we've been hearing about. Anyone else changing their outlook?

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    881999-this_will_not_end_well_super.jpg
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    It makes me change my outlook on committing homicide.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Where's the popcorn?
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    She never said anything about wanting sympathy, she acknowledged the fact that she is overweight, the point is fat, skinny, tall, short, black, white, or purple nobody deserves to be bullied. PERIOD.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It makes me change my outlook on committing homicide.

Me too! I feel much less guilt over "culling the herd"
  • emilydumarce
    emilydumarce Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    agreed!! omg thank you! thats what ive been saying. im from lacrosse, wi and i grew up watching news ch 8 and jennifer livingston. my fb is crowded with feedback saying omg she brought me to tears, omg shes my hero! bleh i just wana feel sick. whos she standing up for? the obese crowd? theres nothing right with that! the guys who wrote the letter wasnt even mean, he spoke eloquently and respectfully. wasnt even being a bully. thank God someone shares my feelings!!
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    881999-this_will_not_end_well_super.jpg

Oh thank you sir, may we have another. Theme of the week! :happy:
  • Litlbeast
    Options
    Where's the popcorn?

All that's left is the tofurkey.
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yeah- but he was commenting on her appearance, which is out of line. He wouldn't have written a letter to a Latino news anchor person saying "I see you're still Mexican and this concerns me because of our increasing border problem in America". The guy who wrote that was a condescending jerk who should have his mouth sewn shut.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Where's the popcorn?

Then pass the booze.
  • UpsideMeagan
    UpsideMeagan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    We don't know her health background, her eating and exercise habits, etc. She never asked for sympathy... she was simply telling people it's not ok to give other unsolicited advice on their perceived health and appearance.

And yes, I hate excuses. She wasn't giving excuses.
  • Litlbeast
    Options
    Where's the popcorn?

Then pass the booze.

Awkward. :indifferent:
  • UpsideMeagan
    UpsideMeagan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yeah- but he was commenting on her appearance, which is out of line. He wouldn't have written a letter to a Latino news anchor person saying "I see you're still Mexican and this concerns me because of our increasing border problem in America". The guy who wrote that was a condescending jerk who should have his mouth sewn shut.

This. Thank you. Replace "obese" with any other adjective used to describe a person (old, black, latino, asian..etc) and it wouldn't be accepted. But calling out her body and what he perceives as her bad health is ok? It's not.
  • Alr080389
    Alr080389 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    She never said anything about wanting sympathy, she acknowledged the fact that she is overweight, the point is fat, skinny, tall, short, black, white, or purple nobody deserves to be bullied. PERIOD.

I agree. It is no one's concern except hers what weight she is or any of that. I don't feel that she is looking for sympathy...if it wasn't for someone being nosey and ridiculous then she wouldn't have to be defending herself in the first place.
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This is why I never sent that email to Donald Trump about his hair.. puts head down in pure shame.:noway:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that thinks she bullied the guy by broadcasting his name, without concent?

Go.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Where's the popcorn?

Damn count me out
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Where's the popcorn?

Then pass the booze.

Pass Pass Puff... this ****s gonna get ugly.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    We don't know her health background, her eating and exercise habits, etc. She never asked for sympathy... she was simply telling people it's not ok to give other unsolicited advice on their perceived health and appearance.

And yes, I hate excuses. She wasn't giving excuses.

^This.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Where's the popcorn?

Then pass the booze.

Please! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: