loosing inches, but scale isnt moving?? (with PIC)

Options
13»

Replies

• applemad69
    Options
    If anyone doubts that it's about shape rather than weight then think about this...

1lb of corn seed takes up far less space than 1lb of popped corn or (pop corn), this is exactly the same as muscle and fat, the muscle would be the corn in seed form and the fat the pop corn.

or in a scientific way (borrowed from another forum!)...

"When you hear some one say Muscle weighs more then fat they are referring to the same volume of muscle vs the same volume of Fat. People get carried away with the 1lb of lead and 1lb of feathers concept and turn around and say that muscle and fat weigh the same!

The same volume of muscle does not weigh the same volume of fat. How much more space does a 1lb of feathers take up then a block of lead! what would you rather be made of feathers (soft and fluffy and light, taking up lots of space) or lead (compact, dense, and heavy and taking up minimal space)

The science behind it is that Fat takes up approximately 18% more space than Muscle. so for 1 L of muscle weighs = 1.06 kg and 1.18L of Fat weighs = 1.06 kg

if you have 5 kg (11 lb) of muscle = 5 L 5kg (11) of Fat = 5.9 L"

This cleared it up in my mind, muscle is good because it takes up less space which equals smaller clothes sizes and looking leaner, hope this helps anyone else struggling with the concept like I was lol
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The scale hasn't moved for me either, but I am losing inches. I have noticed a difference in the way my clothes fit, and I look more toned in my legs and arms (belly is a whole different story lol). Just keep going and working hard :-)
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Gaining muscle, losing fat.. WTG! :-D Don't worry, you're doing great!
  • empowerme12
    empowerme12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Okay I just looked at your side by side picture and call me crazy but I definitely see a difference. Be encouraged and just know that as long as you are doing your part change will and must happen.
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You can see the difference!:)Don't get so caught up in the weight.I have been doing the same thing,but went down a pant size.YOU ARE LOOKING GREAT!<KEEP UP THE POSITIVE ATTITUDE!:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!