Reeeeeeeally having trouble resisting this craving...

Options
...for diet Dr. Pepper! I don't even like pop, but I've had so much water today and have felt hungry since last night. I want substance but I'm in a class that doesn't allow food, but we can have drinks. There's a vending machine downstairs and I'm trying to figure out what's stopping me from putting that crap in my body. Halp :(

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    DO NOT FEEL GUILTY ABOUT MODERATE CONSUMPTION OF DIET SODAS!!!!!!!!

if you like them...DRINK THEM, and ignore the haters and alarmists.
  • perfecting_emptiness
    Options
    Well it's not the worst thing you can have. Maybe get flavoured water instead if they have it or sparkling water. If not, try to distract yourself--listen carefully to the instructor, take great notes, count floor/ceiling tiles. Be strong, you can do it!
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Edit: our vending machines are pretty crappy and only have absolutely unhealthy food/drinks in them, aside from water. Which I've had over 80 ounces of today.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'd have it, but when I'm craving something I think about it more and more. Having even a sip would keep my brain in line.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

^^^^^^THIS - I could not agree more!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I drink a diet pop or two per week. I don't see the harm in it, as long as you aren't chugging gallons of the stuff a day. Plus, there are way worse things you could be craving. I say go for it!
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    One isn't going to kill you. And then maybe you can move on and forget about it!
  • gissalm
    gissalm Posts: 41
    Options
    it's not going to cure the hunger, but you can have it. how about if you only drink half? or see if they have anything else other than soda ....

i'm ok not having soda so I cut it cold turkey, because I like feeling my stomach flat not bloated :laugh:
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I would drink it, it's diet, what the heck. can't deprive yourself all the time
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    By the way, now I'M craving diet soda. Lol. Thanks a LOT!! (kidding).
  • hsmaldo
    hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm no help, I say if the craving is distracting, buy it, pour some out if you don't want to drink the whole thing and enjoy the rest!
  • BamaGirl777
    Options
    I say have it! I drink a diet dr. pepper everyday and I have lost over 69 pounds. I don't think 1 can will hurt you.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

I agree, what's the big deal about drinking one soda?
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. Sometimes giving in to the craving..even just a little bit is enough to keep you going. Good luck
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Every once in awhile, I just gotta have a Diet Coke, even if only to remind myself that it tastes kind of terrible.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Although diet drinks aren't good for you, it's not the worst thing in the world. If it keeps you from binging on something else (like eating a pie) that you don't even want, just have some. At least there's very few calories.
  • FloridasFinest
    Options

YES!!! I'm a Diet Coke addict. I read all the time about people saying how bad it is for you etc. but I seriously have to have one every day...and I still get at least 8 to 10 glasses of water in.
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the speedy replies! The more I think about it the more I just don't want one - I think I'll wait until dinner because at the cafeteria I can get free drinks like Lipton peach/green tea and I'll feel much better later.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I had one WHILE doing my workout this morning.

Yep, that's how I roll. I give up a lot of things, control a lot of cravings...but DDP and Diet A&W are my kryptonite.

Is it the best thing in the world? Nope. Is it the worst? Nope.
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Well, you flat out said you don't like pop so what about the diet Dr. Pepper are you craving? Are you craving the sweetness? Or just something different from water (which is what it sounds like). There are worse things you could drink that a diet soda! Personally, I don't drink them because I know if I drink one I'll start drinking too many again. For me, I don't do moderation well. However, if you have no problem with it, then stop the craving and move on! If I'm craving something it doesn't usually go away until I give in. When I give in, I usually end up binging on the stuff because I didn't eat/drink the little bit that would have stopped the craving at the beginning!