Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you exercise everyday?

2»

Replies

• jackiedunleavy
    jackiedunleavy Posts: 3 Member
    Six days a week, is my goal. I'm training for a 10 Mile run in December, so I'm running 3 days per week (about 12-15 miles per week), doing weight training 3 days per week. However, I just rejoined a boot camp class, so instead of the gym (which I HATE), I'll do boot camp 3 days per week.
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    I do tai chi on Sundays and play badminton on Mondays. Besides that I try to have at least two days when I exercise for a bit longer, go for a long walk or something. I leave a couple of days without any specific exercise. Of course I cycle to school everyday and walk to places. My school tends to be physically tiring too.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Nope. I have 2 rest days and maybe do some active recovery on one of them, but not often.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    cardio (hiit) and weight training (heavy) 5-6 days a week
  • I started exercising last month, so I have started off slow. I do yoga everyday. I attend a Yogalates (Pi-Yo) and a Yoga class twice a week. The rest of the days of the week, I use a yoga for weight-loss video from Youtube.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    I do circuit training every day. Mainly because I've found that on the rare occasion when I skip a day it takes me a few days to get back to my routine. I do really well with routines and predictable days. Constant change and variety, not so much.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Since I've got a dog, yes... I get some "real" exercise every day. I usually hit the gym between 5 & 8 hours per week, too. I try to make Sunday a completely off day (you know, except for the dog). This week went sideways on me, so I get two rest days since I'm buried at work.

I'd rather be at the gym!!!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Nope. If I could do more than slow biking or walking the day after lifting, I didn't lift enough lol.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    I go between 5-6 days a week. I do two days that focus on strength and at least four of cardio. I alternate days for lengths. One day I do 30-45 min the next an hour, back and fourth. I've lost five pounds a week since I started.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    Pretty much.

I go to the gym 5 days a week and do 30 min. of cardio and an hour plus of weights. I walk the dog every day about 2.5 - 4 miles depending on the route that I take at a 4 - 4.5 MPH pace. I'm going to start integrating some workout videos on the weekend as well just to get something in.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    I exercise 5 days/week...3 days of weights and 2 of aerobics classes.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Yes...I walk at the very least 1 hour. 15 minute miles.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    upper body sunday and thursday, lower body tuesday and saturday, and cardio in the form of sparring on the monday, wednesday and friday.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    No. 5 days a week, 45 minutes to an hour a day, but I go all out. I need 2 days to rest between workouts - I don't workout on the weekends.
  • TR56
    TR56 Posts: 63 Member
    Yep, I go 7 days a week. I do an upper/lower lifting split, then a kettlebell circuit, and then repeat that. Sometimes I'll do 2 circuits in between if I need the extra rest between lifting
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    I pretty much exercise everyday, I walk a mile to work and back Monday to Friday and go to the gym

Wed Cardio
    Thurs Weights and Spin class
    Friday Strength/Cardio
    Saturday Weights & Spin class
    Sunday Weighs and Back to back Spin class

Mon & Tuesday are normally rest days but I still walk to and from work.
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    For the past month I have gone to the gym 6 days a week using the treadmill for an hour, some weights, and zumba once a week. I got a little tired of running so I have been switching it up between the elliptical, bike, and the treadmill and i have been doing more weight training, I've also been doing some yoga classes.

Im just curious as to what kind of exercises other people do and how often!

:noway: Bored running? Those words dont compute lol. Why not run outside, its so much better than a treadmill. I could not imagine an hour on the treadmill! I get bored after 20 minutes. Running outside is completely different.

And to answer your question:
    Sunday: Long run 12 miles
    Monday: body weight exercises and walking
    Tuesday: 2 mile speed run @ lunch, walk dogs or swim after work
    Wednesday: 2 mile hill run @ lunch, 5-8 mile run after work
    Thursday: body weight exercises @ lunch, swim after work
    Friday: 2 mile run or body weight stuff @ lunch, 9 mile run after work
    Saturday: take dogs to dog park (about 1 mile walk), stretch, foam roll, sit around, and try to keep steps under 8K. "Rest day".
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Yes, I consistently work out 5-6 times per week. Right now I'm doing 3 days of lifting with a ChaLEAN extreme video workout 32-38 minutes each. Then on alternate days I run 3+ miles, so @35-45 minutes. I usually don't work out on Sundays, but I'm not against it.

Over the summer I went swimming 2-3 times per week and went to hot yoga almost every day.

In the past I've used a trainer, been a member of a crossfit gym, and I occasionally go to a Zumba or belly dancing class or something.

For me mixing up my schedule every few months helps keeps it interesting, and I can drink more wine! :)

Oh, and like a previous poster said - GET OUTSIDE! An hour on the treadmill? No wonder you're bored. I do all my running outside.