Do you exercise everyday?

Options
2»

Replies

• jackiedunleavy
    jackiedunleavy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Six days a week, is my goal. I'm training for a 10 Mile run in December, so I'm running 3 days per week (about 12-15 miles per week), doing weight training 3 days per week. However, I just rejoined a boot camp class, so instead of the gym (which I HATE), I'll do boot camp 3 days per week.
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I do tai chi on Sundays and play badminton on Mondays. Besides that I try to have at least two days when I exercise for a bit longer, go for a long walk or something. I leave a couple of days without any specific exercise. Of course I cycle to school everyday and walk to places. My school tends to be physically tiring too.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have 2 rest days and maybe do some active recovery on one of them, but not often.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    cardio (hiit) and weight training (heavy) 5-6 days a week
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    I started exercising last month, so I have started off slow. I do yoga everyday. I attend a Yogalates (Pi-Yo) and a Yoga class twice a week. The rest of the days of the week, I use a yoga for weight-loss video from Youtube.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I do circuit training every day. Mainly because I've found that on the rare occasion when I skip a day it takes me a few days to get back to my routine. I do really well with routines and predictable days. Constant change and variety, not so much.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Since I've got a dog, yes... I get some "real" exercise every day. I usually hit the gym between 5 & 8 hours per week, too. I try to make Sunday a completely off day (you know, except for the dog). This week went sideways on me, so I get two rest days since I'm buried at work.

I'd rather be at the gym!!!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Nope. If I could do more than slow biking or walking the day after lifting, I didn't lift enough lol.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I go between 5-6 days a week. I do two days that focus on strength and at least four of cardio. I alternate days for lengths. One day I do 30-45 min the next an hour, back and fourth. I've lost five pounds a week since I started.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Pretty much.

I go to the gym 5 days a week and do 30 min. of cardio and an hour plus of weights. I walk the dog every day about 2.5 - 4 miles depending on the route that I take at a 4 - 4.5 MPH pace. I'm going to start integrating some workout videos on the weekend as well just to get something in.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I exercise 5 days/week...3 days of weights and 2 of aerobics classes.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Yes...I walk at the very least 1 hour. 15 minute miles.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    upper body sunday and thursday, lower body tuesday and saturday, and cardio in the form of sparring on the monday, wednesday and friday.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    No. 5 days a week, 45 minutes to an hour a day, but I go all out. I need 2 days to rest between workouts - I don't workout on the weekends.
  • TR56
    TR56 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yep, I go 7 days a week. I do an upper/lower lifting split, then a kettlebell circuit, and then repeat that. Sometimes I'll do 2 circuits in between if I need the extra rest between lifting
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I pretty much exercise everyday, I walk a mile to work and back Monday to Friday and go to the gym

Wed Cardio
    Thurs Weights and Spin class
    Friday Strength/Cardio
    Saturday Weights & Spin class
    Sunday Weighs and Back to back Spin class

Mon & Tuesday are normally rest days but I still walk to and from work.
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    For the past month I have gone to the gym 6 days a week using the treadmill for an hour, some weights, and zumba once a week. I got a little tired of running so I have been switching it up between the elliptical, bike, and the treadmill and i have been doing more weight training, I've also been doing some yoga classes.

Im just curious as to what kind of exercises other people do and how often!

:noway: Bored running? Those words dont compute lol. Why not run outside, its so much better than a treadmill. I could not imagine an hour on the treadmill! I get bored after 20 minutes. Running outside is completely different.

And to answer your question:
    Sunday: Long run 12 miles
    Monday: body weight exercises and walking
    Tuesday: 2 mile speed run @ lunch, walk dogs or swim after work
    Wednesday: 2 mile hill run @ lunch, 5-8 mile run after work
    Thursday: body weight exercises @ lunch, swim after work
    Friday: 2 mile run or body weight stuff @ lunch, 9 mile run after work
    Saturday: take dogs to dog park (about 1 mile walk), stretch, foam roll, sit around, and try to keep steps under 8K. "Rest day".
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yes, I consistently work out 5-6 times per week. Right now I'm doing 3 days of lifting with a ChaLEAN extreme video workout 32-38 minutes each. Then on alternate days I run 3+ miles, so @35-45 minutes. I usually don't work out on Sundays, but I'm not against it.

Over the summer I went swimming 2-3 times per week and went to hot yoga almost every day.

In the past I've used a trainer, been a member of a crossfit gym, and I occasionally go to a Zumba or belly dancing class or something.

For me mixing up my schedule every few months helps keeps it interesting, and I can drink more wine! :)

Oh, and like a previous poster said - GET OUTSIDE! An hour on the treadmill? No wonder you're bored. I do all my running outside.