Eating out

Options
I went to TGI Fridays this week. Nothing healthy or low calorie. But I did find that th chicken and shrimp at Cheddars is good if you get veggies instead of rice.

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's one of the things I really like about MFP. I try not to eat out, but if I know I am going to be eating out, I go into the database and look at the restaraunts choices ahead of time, so that I know what I should get when I get there. There are not too many places that you can't find something that is acceptable.
  • Shaken1976
    Shaken1976 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I look everything up before I order
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Nothing healthy or low calorie.

Jack Daniels Chicken and Shrimp with broccoli

Jack Daniels Chicken with broccoli

Jack Daniels Flat Iron with broccoli

6 oz. Sirloin with broccoli

Dragon Fire Salmon with broccoli

a few decent choices to be had, gotta be tough on a vegetarian/vegan though.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I don't eat out because I'm so limited to what I eat but my man eats out and it drives me crazy!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I went to TGI Fridays this week. Nothing healthy or low calorie. But I did find that th chicken and shrimp at Cheddars is good if you get veggies instead of rice.

I'd just pig out and worry about it tomorrow
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    TGIF actually doesn't look that bad compared to most chains:

http://www.tgifridays.com/_images/pdfs/Nutritional.pdf

If I were you I'd go with a steak or salmon or shrimp. The dragonfire chicken also looked low calorie, as did the grilled chicken salads, but you'd have to get those with the light balsamic.

I don't know what your appetite is like when eating out, but I know for me I will pick a meal up to 850 calories because I know I'll only end up eating half of it and taking the other half home. As long as I stay away from the bread/chip basket and the dessert menu, I'm generally OK at places like that.