Lunches gone wrong pics, please.

Options

Replies

• MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    finally!!

after messing about for what feels like forever, i've worked out how to post a photo and can contribute (and hopefully resurrect) this thread.

it's important that you know that this beetroot risotto was actually great when i first made it, despite not coming out the rich dark red of the picture in the recipe book. Sadly, the freezing process was very unkind to it. Also, the flat bread was quite stale, and i burned my entire oesphagus on a previously reheated portion of it last week (something's burning my mouth horribly... i know! i'll swallow it!), so i was wary and didn't really heat it quite as much as it probably needed.

8018914402_7ae3242f0e_n.jpg
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Todays lunch:

ae2db4cc.png

Looks gross but it actually tastes delicious. Its the only microwave pizza that actually tastes good. Yum.

THAT is a pizza??? I would never have know if you hadn't told me.

I thought it was a flat fish! :embarassed:
  • Carovnik
    Options
    Todays lunch:

ae2db4cc.png

Looks gross but it actually tastes delicious. Its the only microwave pizza that actually tastes good. Yum.

At first glance, I thought that was a plate of mangled cheesy spaghetti. :laugh:
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Todays lunch:

ae2db4cc.png

Is/was that the Tombstone individual pizzas? I've had that experience before too :p
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Bumping for when I can contribute one of my epic fails. I'm so grateful to see others out there have about the same culinary skills as I do.

I feel for that poor nuked spud and tears are rolling after the comment about the flat fish, cuz I was thinking the same thing.

And no matter how bad it looks, tastes, smells, it seems we're so hungry we manage to scarf it down. LOL
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Well it wasn't homemade or anything and it was my cheat day so i wanted a pop tart.. it started on fire in my toaster and my toaster then burst into flames and caught my apron on fire.

i guess i really didn't need that poptart after all.

the universe conspiring to help you reach your goal.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I can relate a story.....I was making hard boiled eggs (granted, I was in the 8th grade at the time, so not alot of cooking experience). I went and got tied up in the TV. After a while, I hear this...explosion. I go look at the poor egg had exploded in the pan. Parts of it were plastered on the ceiling. It was awesome. I had boiled all of the water out, so the egg was just cooking on the bottom of the pan. Not sure how long I lost track of time, but obviously I did.
  • xtanyx
    Options
    lol! what a great thread!
  • sprocket1978
    sprocket1978 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • nortx
    nortx Posts: 130
    Options
    This was actually a breakfast oops...

Last Friday, I decided to make an omelet and some toasted corn tortillas. I was hungry, it was earlier than my normal breakfast - maybe about 6:15 am. So I set about getting stuff ready for my meal. Popped the tortillas into the toaster oven, chopped up some mushrooms, put on the news, started brewing some coffee, watched the TV while I was getting all this done.

I caught a whiff of what I thought was someone using their fireplace. "Wow", I thought, "it's 6:30 in the morning in Texas and someone is using their fireplace?" You have to understand that it is still running in the 90s here. "Well maybe they are having a family breakfast around the fireplace," I figured.

I continued to work on my breakfast in between watching the news, throwing in a load of laundry. It seemed like their fireplace must have been really going because the pleasant "fireplace" aroma was getting stronger and when I checked the temp. meter on the wall, it indicated that it was 78 degrees outside. Oh well, each to their own.

Finally, I turned to actually make my omelet when I noticed the smoke coming from my toaster oven.

Now you have to understand that in the city I am in, if your alarm goes off and the firemen come out and nothing is wrong, you still get charged $50.00.

I grabbed the tortillas (which were scorched black) and ran outside and set them on the patio, (still smoking like they were sending up smoke signals far and wide). I quickly open the windows and the doors and turned on the ceiling fans. It took a while, but finally the smoke cleared while making the house hot.

Whew, I really messed that whole thing up. Well.... later in the day, I happened to look outside, and there were birds of all sort flocking around my breakfast disaster. It looked like a scene from the famous Hitchcock thriller "The Birds". There was one thing different though. Everytime one brave bird would peck at the tortillas, it would immediately drop the burned cinder on the ground. Even the birds wouldn't eat them! By the time I got brave enough to venture outside there were little black tidbits all over the ground, but for the most part, the tortills were intact.

When my husband got home 10 hours later, he walked in and sniffed the air and said, "Oh, did you bake something today?"

Hope you enjoyed this.... the birds didn't!:embarassed:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    1348585668.jpg

Well, it's not exactly lunchtime yet, but this snack will have to do................................Yeah, I know, a Coke for breakfast ain't on the normal plan, but I wanted caffeine and coffee didn't sound good :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Todays lunch:

ae2db4cc.png

Is/was that the Tombstone individual pizzas? I've had that experience before too :p

I think it's the Celeste individual pizzas? If so, she's right....THEY ARE THE BEST!
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    8052356924_9ec96676fc_n.jpg

thought i might like a refreshing peach iced tea.

i'm doing herbalife, and they make these tea powders, which are pretty good, so i thought 'right, just mix with cold water rather than hot'

error 1: not getting my proportions right. to make a mug of tea, you use 1/4 to 1/2 tsp powder. so why, i ask myself, would i put 2 heaped teaspoons in a pint of water?? if you look carefully you can see a ring of sediment around the glass. it smells great, until your nose is in the glass and youre taking a big sip, at which point you realise it smells like medicine and it has a very odd aftertaste.

error 2: making such a huge glass of it! the tea powders are quite expensive, and i can't just waste it!!
  • krae84
    krae84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!
  • sweetpea5377
    Options
    wish i had take a picture of the burnt kale chips I made the other day... they were very sad and tasted bad...
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    I should have taken a picture of yesterday's lunch fail. My kiwifruit somehow exploded over my pita bread. Needless to say it went in the bin and I got a wrap instead.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    hahaha i love this! i burn EVERYTHING/
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Attempting a baked potato in the microwave...

HPIM00632.jpg

page0_blog_entry34-mj-laughing.gif

Thank you for the laugh.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    But then realized that's vermicelli noodles and it looks to be like Vietnamese food, which I too love.
  • loreledesmax
    Options
    Oh Gosh, I laughed SOOO hard , thanks for this thread !! Keep the pics coming :laugh: