Shredding with a Twist!

Options
Ok ya'll... I started a Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred post way back in October. Since then most of those on the thread have completed the 30 days once if not twice. I attempted to move onto a few different workouts... but I didn't "feel the burn" like when I was shredding. So after communicating with Smiles- my Shredding buddy- I've decided to start a new thread...

Objective... Do rotations of each level of the shred... IE: Monday Level 1, Tuesday Level 2, Wednesday Level 3....etc.

Everybody and anybody is more than welcome to hope on board. I started yesterday with Level 1 and did Level 2 today....

SO.... Lets do the Shred (with a lil' twist)!

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    wow... I hear that level 2 and level 3 are really hard... It may be "too" hard for those of us still on level 1....
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I "twist it up" by doing more than one level back to back. Ill do level 3 then 1, or 2 then 3, etc etc... I skip the cooldown in the first video then skip the warm up in the next and go straight into the circuits. Its really challenging and a great workout!!
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    Kind of off topic, but I was curious if I was going to need anything else besides the dvd for the workout. I just ordered the dvd, and it's should arrive Friday (yay) and I am excited to get going, I do want to be sure I have what I need though ahead of time- such as hand weights, etc...? Thank You! :flowerforyou:
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Kind of off topic, but I was curious if I was going to need anything else besides the dvd for the workout. I just ordered the dvd, and it's should arrive Friday (yay) and I am excited to get going, I do want to be sure I have what I need though ahead of time- such as hand weights, etc...? Thank You! :flowerforyou:

Just a set of hand weights... I'd start with 3-5lbs- she kills you with repetition! And maybe a mat if you are on hard floors. I workout on carpet so no mat for me!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Ok ya'll... I started a Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred post way back in October. Since then most of those on the thread have completed the 30 days once if not twice. I attempted to move onto a few different workouts... but I didn't "feel the burn" like when I was shredding. So after communicating with Smiles- my Shredding buddy- I've decided to start a new thread...

Objective... Do rotations of each level of the shred... IE: Monday Level 1, Tuesday Level 2, Wednesday Level 3....etc.

Everybody and anybody is more than welcome to hope on board. I started yesterday with Level 1 and did Level 2 today....

SO.... Lets do the Shred (with a lil' twist)!

Yeah!!! ( I can't stop hearing Chubby Checker's "Twist" in my brain now. Thanks!)
    Looking forward to shredding and twisting our way through February and into March. I think I may build in "rest" days here and there, but will follow the rotation schedule for the most part.

I saw another poster's twist - combining levels - I may try that in a week or two also if I get the nerve. Right now one level at a time is 'nuff for me! :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    wow... I hear that level 2 and level 3 are really hard... It may be "too" hard for those of us still on level 1....

Hey Kandyjo!! :) Is this your first time through the shred? If so, might be good to work your way all the way through and then up like Jillian recommends. The appeal to me of trying it this way is that I have built up enough strength to handle 2 and 3 (it's not pretty, but I get the job done) and it keeps things varied. After you get so used to the DVD, it gets hard to see, do and hear the same things day after day... so this is a way to mix it up.

I did 1 on Saturday, 2 on Monday and 3 today (Tuesday). Man, I was POURING sweat during today's workout. It sure makes level 1 look awfully good!
  • meana717
    Options
    Whoo-Hoo! Great to see you here Smiles! I was thinking about doing the combined workouts as well... but I definately need to build back up on the shred! I think come March I can throw two together!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi aofstedahl,
    I'm curious about your experience with this shred workout.
    I'm 205lbs now and don't exersize regularly. Do you think I could do this workout now or should I start with something easier?
    When you started doing it, what weight were you at and how many times per week did you do it?

Thanks for any tips. I am planning to buy the DVD this week.

Meokk
  • meana717
    Options
    Hi aofstedahl,
    I'm curious about your experience with this shred workout.
    I'm 205lbs now and don't exersize regularly. Do you think I could do this workout now or should I start with something easier?
    When you started doing it, what weight were you at and how many times per week did you do it?

Thanks for any tips. I am planning to buy the DVD this week.

Meokk

Meokk - I think you would be fine to start the DVD. Just take it slow. When I started I hadn't worked out in 2 years and I weighed 223lbs. There are two girls (other than Jillian) doing the workout. Anita who does easier modifications of the moves and Natalie who does the moves with a little more intensity. I definately followed Anita, and sometimes I modified her moves. I did hit it hard right away, I did the workout everyday for the first 30 days. I used 3 lbs weight (currently using them as well) and like I said I followed Anita. I think i stayed on level 1 for 10 days then moved to level 2 and then 3. In the first 30 days (and then I did the workout again, slightly in between Anita and Natalies' levels, for another 30 days) and the next 30 days I lost 10 lbs each.

Hope this all helps!

Didn't shred this morning, plan on doing it after work before dinner tonight. Was just a little too tired to get up!
  • aprildh
    Options
    Hey, I've done level 1 and 2 of the shred, but I also am working through Bob's Boot camp (am now on level 2) and he kicks your tail end as well. So for variety, I alternate between the two every couple of weeks. I'll "master (or get better at:smile: )" one level and then conquer that level on the other one. Bob's is longer so if I don't have as much time to workout I put in the 30-day shred. I heard from a friend that the "Last Chance Workout" DVD had her shaking everywhere (even in the face!!!) so I think when I can do all three levels of my two I may purchase that one to keep shaking things up. I know one thing, I tried to workout on an old aerobic DVD I had and just got irritated, took it out, and put my BL one back in. They really give you a true, real work out. I agree variety is crucial to not getting better and staying challenged.
    April
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hey guys - checking in to report... that today is a no shred day for me! I will start my next rotation with level 1 again tomorrow. Looking forward to it! :)
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi aofstedahl
    Thanks for the info.
    I'm going to try it. I hate to exercise and I know it might hurt but sounds like a really effective workout.

Meokk
  • meana717
    Options
    Hi everyone! I failed yesterday... didn't do level 3 Like I should have... however, I did get up this morning and do it! Thinking, as long as nothing comes up, I will do level 1 this afternoon too! I need to get back into the groove of things. The BL Last Chance workout really turned me off to everything, and I wasn' t being very productive. So glad to be back at it with Jillian... hopefully by April I'll be doing 2 levels at one time, then maybe May I can attempt Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones!

Ok.... looking forward to hearing from everyone!
  • meana717
    Options
    Hi aofstedahl
    Thanks for the info.
    I'm going to try it. I hate to exercise and I know it might hurt but sounds like a really effective workout.

Meokk

You are most welcome!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hi everyone! I failed yesterday... didn't do level 3 Like I should have... however, I did get up this morning and do it! Thinking, as long as nothing comes up, I will do level 1 this afternoon too! I need to get back into the groove of things. The BL Last Chance workout really turned me off to everything, and I wasn' t being very productive. So glad to be back at it with Jillian... hopefully by April I'll be doing 2 levels at one time, then maybe May I can attempt Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones!

Ok.... looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Ah, but you're back on getting it done! Great job! Just curious - did you get Level 1 in? It's kind of funny - I was also trying to calculate when I may be able to do two levels back to back. April seems like a reasonable time frame to shoot for.

I didn't shred yesterday either - but started my second rotation. So, it was Level 1 for me. It was SURPRISINGLY easy after sweating my guts out on level 3 last week. I followed it up with an intermediate pilates. Kind of fun. And, I caught myself eyeballing my legs and thinking how nice they're (already) looking since doing this whole shred-n-twist regime.

Look forward to hearing how everyone's doing!
  • callie365
    Options
    Shredding with a Twist... sounds GREAT!!! I just started my 3rd attempt at the "30 days"

I cant wait to read what results you are getting twisting it up. Good Luck !
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Shredding with a Twist... sounds GREAT!!! I just started my 3rd attempt at the "30 days"

I cant wait to read what results you are getting twisting it up. Good Luck !

Hi Callie - I love your profile pic! :) Welcome aboard...

And all - reporting in - I did level 2 today (2nd rotation). Felt good - I posted on another shred thread - that I keep catching a glimpse of my legs and thinking how good they (already) are looking from doing this workout.

Rock and roll, twist and shred! :)
  • callie365
    Options
    Hi Smiles

Thanks and right back at ya on your awesome pic... Looks exactly were I'd want to be to kick back and relax!

Keep up the good work and those killer legs are just a bonus.. thats gonna keep you going!!

I cant wait to see some positive changes.
  • meana717
    Options
    Hey everyone... sorry. Got sick on Friday from my lovely co-workers coming and hacking all over the place for 2 weeks. Didnt get in anyworkouts this weekend. But I did hit level 1 this morning! YAY!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hi Smiles

Thanks and right back at ya on your awesome pic... Looks exactly were I'd want to be to kick back and relax!

Keep up the good work and those killer legs are just a bonus.. thats gonna keep you going!!

I cant wait to see some positive changes.

:) Thanks - i can't wait for you to see some either! How's it going?