HEEELP! YOUNG DAMSEL IN DISTRESS!!!

Options
Hi! My name is Kaittiey! I have been trying to lose weight for the longest time! This time I will succeed! I just need some ways of losing weight properly! :) My fiance (Starcovitch) is doing P90X and my body just cannot handle something that extreme! Any suggestions? THANK YOU! :)

Replies

• cr8zyamy
    cr8zyamy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Start with walking, it can be as simple as that. Walking teamed with diligently and honestly tracking your calorie consumption may be all that you need to be successful. If you are wanting something that you can feel every time you do it, look into yoga. I picked up a yoga book done by Shape magazine, it has a yoga and free weight combination workout that only requires you to have a few items, and little yoga knowledge is necessary. I was so sore after I did not think I would do it again but I have now completed this workout 3 times. It does your entire body and you only need to do it twice a week. I am pairing this with cardio work of walking, rowing, or elliptical sessions of 30 minutes, on off days I do 30-60 minutes of cardio paired with a regular yoga session. Something else to consider is video games for systems like wii or x-box kinect. Just dance is a great one to play, my kids will even join me.

Good luck and just keep moving.
    Amy
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    The Lotte Berk series (4 vids) is awesome. You can look up some reviews on Amazon.com and I believe youtube has some information on it. The videos are "Muscle Eats Fat", "Bare Essentials", "High Round Assets", and "Hip Hugger Abs". They combine a lot of different techniques that are incredibly effective without stressing your body out.
  • kaittiey
    Options
    Thank you SO much! :)
  • kaittiey
    Options
    You are AWESOME guys! That helps! :)
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    dance so you can fly!:flowerforyou:
  • skinnyjean4me
    skinnyjean4me Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!!! I love it and it burns some great calories and gets u sweating! u dont have to be coordinated or even a good dancer either!
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' DVD's are amazing for building stamina. My strength is tenfold since beginning her DVD's; I prepared my body for a good, long Yosemite hike with those! :flowerforyou: It will help you get where you need to be for Insaity or P90x, in time.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Might try lifting sme weights everyone focuses on cardio if you do no weights you will have less muscle to burn calores thus a lower metabolism.
  • wishiwerefit
    Options
    Hi-fi! Go through my profile and you will see that lack of stamina was another reason I never cared about fitness.

Try tae bo, zumba or jilian. These are good and more importantly these never make you dread another session of exercise
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kaittiey! I have been trying to lose weight for the longest time! This time I will succeed! I just need some ways of losing weight properly! :) My fiance (Starcovitch) is doing P90X and my body just cannot handle something that extreme! Any suggestions? THANK YOU! :)

zumba, its dancing and really fun!

I started with walking, and jogging in place (when i started i was only able to manage to get to 2-3 minutes of jogging without almost passing out haha). I did squats, five at a time, but reaching 50 to 100 a day. Stretching. Take a small weighted dumbbell, like 12 lbs and use it. Jump rope, skipping, swimming. Cleaning your home, but in a vigorous way. Cooking burned calories.

Eat healthy. Stick to your calorie count, and as i learned from doing this wrong today. (i do log everything into mfp, but) log everything you eat and all exercises into mfp. when you go to your home screen, without scrolling down, right there in the middle is a box about your calories. i never really understood it until someone told me what ive been doing wrong today, but if you are on a 1200 calorie diet, you are actually one 1200 calorie NET diet. i take in 1200 a day but have been burning 1000 calories a day, and in return for that my metabolism has completely crashed. any exercise calories, have to be retaken in from what i was told, until that net calorie in that box says 1200