Looking for friends losing 50+ lbs!

Options

Replies

• baberuth
    Options
    I am new to this group, and I am curious about how it works. Am I supposed to make it a habit of posting daily blogs about my progress?

Any reply will be helpful.

Thanks!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Okay so I just got home from work, I'm super tired & I'm still planning on doing my exercise... I did do some of it earlier this morning but not the full 45 minutes!

I made a new goal for myself, of course my first mini goal is still to be under 200 lbs by March 25th, but now I'm hoping for a total loss of at least 30 lbs by May 27th, which I'm hoping is possible, I figure 2 lbs a week would get me there.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I am new to this group, and I am curious about how it works. Am I supposed to make it a habit of posting daily blogs about my progress?

Any reply will be helpful.

Thanks!

Hi baberuth. You can read through the posts to see how the chatter has been going. Post if you feel like it , when you feel like it. We are here to support each other in meeting our goals, triumphs or struggles, tips or whatever.. we all have one thing in common and thats 50 lbs or more to lose.
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    I would love to join this group. Any of you can feel free to add me as a friend :o) I have found that I do much better when trying to lose weight if I feel that I have someone to be accountable to. Please feel free to call me on it if I am not posting and doing what I need to do to lose this weight! I have 80 lbs to lose.
  • clairebear82
    Options
    I want to lose 56lbs, I've already lost 9lbs so I'm on my way, please feel free to add me!
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    heyy. i'm not sure about everyone else but I weigh in Mondays and I lost 1.2lbs! 5.2lbs total.. only 74.8 lbs to go aha.
    Hope everyone has an awesome week!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    heyy. i'm not sure about everyone else but I weigh in Mondays and I lost 1.2lbs! 5.2lbs total.. only 74.8 lbs to go aha.
    Hope everyone has an awesome week!

Way to go! I do my weigh in on Sundays, was happy to see i was down about the same amount.
    Long way to go, but yeah it IS a start.
  • bjs06
    Options
    awesome, congrats to you too! here's hoping for another great week!
  • Questfor250
    Options
    count me in.... 24 down, 51 to go.....
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Me, too!

Lost 13lbs so far. Started at 215lbs and am now 202lbs. It's Feb 16th...
    Need to get down to 143 so need to get down about another 60lbs or so. (59 to be exact!)

Started on Jan 10, 2010 and want to get to goal by August 14, 2010 so that's about 10lbs/month to lose to hit my goal. That's a lot to lose, but I think I can do it! Positive thinking and all that!!

So, it's a lot to lose in a short time, but I think I can do it because I have made serious changes in every aspect of my life! I don't mind not hitting the weight goal in time but I'd like to be in a UK10 by August 14th and I started at a 20UK and now I'm in a 18UK...

Goals!
    16Feb size 18
    16March size 16
    16April size 14
    16May size 14
    16June size 12
    16July size 12
    16Aug size 10
  • success50
    Options
    Need to lose 110 lbs. Seems unreachable but need to begin somewhere.
    I guess my goal is to lose a steady 5 lbs first. Starting at 228. Goal is to be 210 by June.
    Trying to be cheerful but have difficulty controlling myself even for 1 day.
    Hopefully taking this first step helps me through this day.
  • bjs06
    Options
    Welcome to the 3 newest members I saw post! It's lots of weigh to lose for all of us but good luck to you, we can all do it! Congrats to Anahitacando it, 13 lbs is such a great start. :) i think you can totally lose your weight by august, good luck!!

success50, if losing 110lbs puts you at a healthy weight, it is never unreachable! you just need to try your hardest and keep yourself motivated. its so hard at first but you can do it!

hope everyones week is going well.
  • kzuppelli360
    Options
    I'm in, we need to stick together! I have 60 lbs to go, would love to be part of the group.
    Kim
  • nikkolatwell
    Options
    I would love to be part of your support system. I have AT LEAST 100 lbs to lose. I am 3 weeks in and I am down 8.6 lbs. Trying to eat better and workout 4 days a week. I love spin classes and I have worked my way up to 4 classes this week.
  • success50
    Options
    thanks bjs06. I really appreciate the support you posted. It gives me courage to move forward.:smile:
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi TR, hi everyone,
    I just got some good advice on another thread that I'm part of so I thought I'd share.
    I'm new to dieting so had no idea how much sodium can affect your weight.
    So apparently the more sodium you consume, the more fluids your body retains from foods & drinks.
    Keeping sodium in check means your weight won't fluctuate wildly from day to day.
    Water plays a huge role in combating the effects of sodium by flushing it out of your system before it does any damage.
    I'm no expert but that sounds reasonable to me.
    I don't know about you but I have often had the experience of my weight fluctuating up and down 3-4 lbs per day and thinking it was odd. Now I think that sodium may have been the culprit.

Good news for all of you who are frustrated with your lack of weight loss even though you are doing the right things every day...... it may just be that your sodium is too high.
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi TR, hi everyone,
    I just got some good advice on another thread that I'm part of so I thought I'd share.
    I'm new to dieting so had no idea how much sodium can affect your weight.
    So apparently the more sodium you consume, the more fluids your body retains from foods & drinks.
    Keeping sodium in check means your weight won't fluctuate wildly from day to day.
    Water plays a huge role in combating the effects of sodium by flushing it out of your system before it does any damage.
    I'm no expert but that sounds reasonable to me.
    I don't know about you but I have often had the experience of my weight fluctuating up and down 3-4 lbs per day and thinking it was odd. Now I think that sodium may have been the culprit.

Good news for all of you who are frustrated with your lack of weight loss even though you are doing the right things every day...... it may just be that your sodium is too high.

I totally agree with the sodium thing. I seem to forget that then I eat something like stir fry for example. Seems healthy but put on the soy sauce and it is all down hill...next thing you know it seems like I gain 6 pounds. Then I drink 20 glasses of water the next day and poof gone! It is all water weight and the best way to get rid of it is by drinking water. So strange what H2O does to our bodies. Thanks for the info...very helplful to all of us. Sodium = bad:grumble:
  • emmie305
    Options
    I am trying to lose 75lbs!! You should soo add me :)
  • bjs06
    Options
    Yeh I think Sodium definitely has a lot to do with it. I have a huge addiction to Diet Pepsi and that has the same affect on your body and I would probably have better results if I gave up Diet Pepsi completely and just drank water but I gave up sugar for lent and I really am not strong enough to give up the diet pepsi yet aha, someday! the reminder has made me want to drink more water right now, thanks! aha.

how is everyone doing??! i love updates!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Are we going to do weekly weigh-ins? It will be interesting to see the total number of pounds lost when we add all of our weight losses together. I'm sure since we all have so much weight to lose, all our weight loss could build a few more people!!! haha