Testing on humans... better than animals

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I quite like animals. Humans...not so much.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    One university researcher is actually doing a study on humans to get a better understanding on how weight gain can cause diseases like diabetes and heart problems.

He's having a group of people eating 1000 extra fast-food calories a day.

His reasoning is that lab rats are not enough like humans to get accurate results.

I'll post an article URL if I can find one.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I think we should test on babies. If a baby can handle it, a grownup surely will.

I'm with this.

Homeless people could finally have a job!
  • xBrittanyK
    Options
    Completely agree. About 10 months ago I decided to go 'cruelty free' with all of my makeup, hair stuff, cleaning supplies, etc.. It was hard, I gave up 99% of my stuff, but I did it. And I live on GUAM. Tiny little island and I make due. There's no excuse for people stateside to not be able to do it. It costs a little more, but that's more than worth it to me to know that nothing I'm using has been tested on an animal. And it's not just bunnies, pigs, chimps.. It's dogs too and personally that's what got me. Look up 'Beagle Freedom Project'. If you can watch those videos and see those dogs walking on GRASS and having human touch (that wasn't painful) for the first time in their lives and not even consider going cruelty free, I think you're pretty heartless. I watched those videos and then looked at my two dogs and knew that I could never be able to see them going through that and no other animal should either.

Go cruelty free and contact companies who do and let them know you're not purchasing their products til their change their animal testing policies.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I don't really get the, "Let's test on criminals" response. Aren't they famously more uneducated than the rest of the populace? Do you really think they'll be good at Calc, or even Physics? That seems like a waste of money to me.

definitely not unintelligent. Look at Ted Bundy

So do you think we should give them essay exams, then?
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I think we should test on babies. If a baby can handle it, a grownup surely will.

Exactly. I would feel most safe using products tested on babies.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I don't really get the, "Let's test on criminals" response. Aren't they famously more uneducated than the rest of the populace? Do you really think they'll be good at Calc, or even Physics? That seems like a waste of money to me.

There is a difference between being uneducated and intelligence. It depends on the person. People in prison for drug related crimes are more likely to be uneducated and some may not be intelligent. Sociopaths are usually quite intelligent and can usually come across as charming. Look at Ted Bundy, as someone pointed out.

And I guess I am confused by your topic. From the topic I assumed you meant drug & product testing but are talking about paper & pencil type tests like math?
  • firstsip
    Options

There is a difference between being uneducated and intelligence. It depends on the person. People in prison for drug related crimes are more likely to be uneducated and some may not be intelligent. Sociopaths are usually quite intelligent and can usually come across as charming. Look at Ted Bundy, as someone pointed out.

And I guess I am confused by your topic. From the topic I assumed you meant drug & product testing but are talking about paper & pencil type tests like math?

Well, you don't usually use a pen for math, do you?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

Some people do.

Ok, so who is giving animals paper & pencil type tests? I have not heard of this before and am curious.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options

*raises hand* I do! For some reason, using a pencil is a huge issue with my OCD.
  • firstsip
    Options

*raises hand* I do! For some reason, using a pencil is a huge issue with my OCD.

A pen is usually used in engineering too, but I feel like erasers are so forgiving, you know? If only the human condition were the same...

YEyXM.gif
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My opinion is unpopular, but I feel that we could make better use of the violent, recidivist criminals that we all support with our tax dollars, by using them for testing. I'm not talking about the poor idiots who screwed up once or twice and still have a shot at rejoining society. I mean the total freaks of nature who do terrible things at every opportunity. Why use innocent animals for testing when our prisons are filled with nightmare monsters who should be made to contribute something to society?

^^^ I agree

Not for the non-violent, "Oh crap! WHY did I do that?" kinda folks, but for the child molesters and Charlie Mansons.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Completely agree. About 10 months ago I decided to go 'cruelty free' with all of my makeup, hair stuff, cleaning supplies, etc.. It was hard, I gave up 99% of my stuff, but I did it. And I live on GUAM. Tiny little island and I make due. There's no excuse for people stateside to not be able to do it. It costs a little more, but that's more than worth it to me to know that nothing I'm using has been tested on an animal. And it's not just bunnies, pigs, chimps.. It's dogs too and personally that's what got me. Look up 'Beagle Freedom Project'. If you can watch those videos and see those dogs walking on GRASS and having human touch (that wasn't painful) for the first time in their lives and not even consider going cruelty free, I think you're pretty heartless. I watched those videos and then looked at my two dogs and knew that I could never be able to see them going through that and no other animal should either.

Go cruelty free and contact companies who do and let them know you're not purchasing their products til their change their animal testing policies.

Oh ok. So modern medicine is out for you too, then?
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    EVERY DAY IS A TEST! ARE YOU PASSING? DOES BEING HERE MAKE YOU WIN?

IF THE ANSWER IS NO, THEN I HAVE A NEW WEIGHT LOSS MEDICATION JUST FOR YOU!

IT WAS FULLY TESTED BY ALL THE FATTIES AT RYKERS ISLAND RIGHT AFTER WE FINISHED THE TRIALS ON THE WILD KOALA POPULATION OF NEW HAMPSHIRE!

IT TURNS OUT DEATH ROW PRISONERS HAVE A THING FOR PREGNANT LADY PEE. WHO KNEW?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I agree with this. Not to mention that babies have been getting a free ride for too long! They can finally earn their keep, and stop being free-loading diaper-fillers.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options

IT WAS FULLY TESTED BY ALL THE FATTIES AT RYKERS ISLAND RIGHT AFTER WE FINISHED THE TRIALS ON THE WILD KOALA POPULATION OF NEW HAMPSHIRE!

I have a test for you....find the caps lock button
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options

n/m LOL
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt mind testing some drugs if I got paid for it.

so, you're willing to risk your like for a couple hundred dollars?
  • firstsip
    Options

I'm interested! PM me!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options

:laugh: This made me laugh so effin hard :laugh: