i should lose 10, but it says 5!

Options
kobrie17
kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
you know how after you add all your calories and excercize you can click that, "if everyday was like today you'd weigh..." well, my settings are for 10lbs in 5 weeks, but today it says if i eat within my calorie limit i'll only lose 5lbs....its been doing this lately, its not that i ate more fats or anything like that and i used to be able to get it down to lose 15lbs in 5 weeks, but now when i do the exact same things, it says i'll lose about nine. i've lost 12lbs but my calorie settings haven't changed....i want to keep up the same weight loss! i cant eat any less! (im at mfp's minimum, and to get down to losing 15lbs in 5 weeks-3lbs a week i ate 400 calories less, i can't eat any less!) is anyone else experiencing this injustice?? has anyone else seen mfp say they'll lose less weight but they still lost just as much? am i doing something wrong??

Replies

• kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    you know how after you add all your calories and excercize you can click that, "if everyday was like today you'd weigh..." well, my settings are for 10lbs in 5 weeks, but today it says if i eat within my calorie limit i'll only lose 5lbs....its been doing this lately, its not that i ate more fats or anything like that and i used to be able to get it down to lose 15lbs in 5 weeks, but now when i do the exact same things, it says i'll lose about nine. i've lost 12lbs but my calorie settings haven't changed....i want to keep up the same weight loss! i cant eat any less! (im at mfp's minimum, and to get down to losing 15lbs in 5 weeks-3lbs a week i ate 400 calories less, i can't eat any less!) is anyone else experiencing this injustice?? has anyone else seen mfp say they'll lose less weight but they still lost just as much? am i doing something wrong??
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your excercises?
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    A 3 pound a week weight loss is usually considered too high, encouraging more muscle loss along with the fat loss. This is especially true for those who don't have much to lose.

Additionally, if you are only eating 800 calories a day, you are pushing your body into starvation mode, where the system starts holding on to as many reserves as possible. Perhaps the MFP algorithm is taking this into account?

Dancers on extremely low calorie diets find this out when they start bumping up their caloric intake ... the weight starts coming off. (And then they can try out for "the Nutcracker" lead, but that's a whole other story ...)
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Wow, honestly, I **never** click on that button. I don't think it's too accurate. Are you still making the progress you want regardless of what it says when you click on the button? I wouldn't worry about it.
  • mrsksanchez
    mrsksanchez Posts: 64
    Options
    mine shows up automaticly:huh:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You don't have that much weight to lose, and MFP will not let you go under 1200 calories (it is the healthy way) so even if you put down that you want to lose 2 lbs a week MFP will not let you be under by that many calories. Essentially it is telling you that you are now at a 500 calorie deficit for the day and you will lose 1 lb a week. I am assuming that it is only letting you eat 1200 calories.

This button also isn't set in stone, as everyone loses weight differently. It is just for estimating and motivational purposes. Some people will lose more than it says and some will lose less.

Good Luck
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Once you get below a certain weight in relation to your height/age/sex, MFP will suggest you cut back to only losing 1 pound a week because it will be the most healthiest for you.

Take it slow and easy at 1 pound a week--have patience!