Wow, this guy.

Options

Replies

• DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Is this magazine approved by Oprah? They need to work together and approve everything... I'm far too unintelligent to know how to properly lose weight and the double digit number caught my attention.
  • lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    To quote my second favorite fictional doctor: "Are you a real doctor, or are you a doctor like Dr. Pepper is a doctor?"

Dr. Cox ftw.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    and gain 25 pounds the week after!

Yep!

What a nutjob. eyeroll.gif
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I don't doubt Dr. Oz can lose 24lbs a week...when you're that full sh** a single bathroom trip can really make a difference.

BOOOM!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

And???

I just read the article and basically you're jumping into a healthy eating life style that is sustainable:

"By feasting on nutrient-dense foods, you can lose weight faster and more efficiently. The goal of this crash diet is to dive right in, making the habits you learn and the recipes you make in the next 7 days part of a healthy and sustainable lifestyle."

My guess is the "Lose 24 lbs in a week" is to get people to actually buy the magazine and look up the article. How many magazines out there tout the same claim but has nothing to do with Dr. Oz? Almost every single one out there.

so you agree with this part?
    Step 3: Detox With Skinny Shakes
    To flush fat from your body, you’ll need to release the toxins that are keeping you swollen with fat and fluid. To repair cellular damage from processed foods, make a Skinny Shake of pomegranate juice, strawberries and lemon.

No but.is that any difference then the "juicing" fad that people on here go crazy for because it flushes "toxins" from your body?

My point was that it's basically healthy eating. There's nothing wrong with a healthy diet.
  • lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't doubt Dr. Oz can lose 24lbs a week...when you're that full sh** a single bathroom trip can really make a difference.

BOOOM!

Thank you thank you...I'll be here all week.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    the fine print says you'll gain 48 back the following week :noway:

^lolol
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    do you recall what magazine this was? It is a common technique with tabloids...
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Its Womans World.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    To quote my second favorite fictional doctor: "Are you a real doctor, or are you a doctor like Dr. Pepper is a doctor?"

I just watched that episode yesterday!!!

And to quote another one of my favourite doctors: "What!?"
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Is this the skinny green coffee they are advertising on the radio?
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I guess if you weigh 400 - 500lbs and you exercise for hours per day on a low calorie diet whilst supported by personal trainers and a film crew as well as a huge cash prize then it's possible.

Oh wait.

That's "The Biggest Loser"...
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

That's what I was wondering. It looks like one of those "healthy" magazines that consistently has new fad diets that have you losing a huge amount of weight in a week.
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    Buuuuuuuuuuuuurn. :D
  • NoMoreFlubbering
    NoMoreFlubbering Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    To the poster that said he sounds like he's hopped up on something all the time - I totally agree. My local radio station has little clips of health advice given by Dr. Oz playing now and then and he constantly sounds like Billy Mays.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options

This is all I needed to say. :)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    UGH!

What I don't understand is people who actually fall for this nonsense. ):
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

That's what I was wondering. It looks like one of those "healthy" magazines that consistently has new fad diets that have you losing a huge amount of weight in a week.

Woman's World, I do believe. Generally it's a good magazine but they have questionable health advice now and then.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    To the poster that said he sounds like he's hopped up on something all the time - I totally agree. My local radio station has little clips of health advice given by Dr. Oz playing now and then and he constantly sounds like Billy Mays.

Whoa now, don't put Dr. Oz in the same boat as the legendary Billy Mays... I don't feel the same about infomercials without a bearded guy yelling at me to buy stuff.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Well, a single doctor endorses it, so we should all hop on this bandwagon.

PRONTOOOOOO~

Toph! <3<3<3 Good to see ya.