i hate water

Options
2»

Replies

• Happyhealthyliz90
    Happyhealthyliz90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I put in crystal light 5 cals for a single bottle sleeve. It make the water go down a lot easier
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I would stab someone for a pitcher of ice water right now.
    Water is the only thing that will quench my thirst.

Are you drinking dirty tap water or something?
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    I use a blueberry lemonade Mio . it's yummy.. but I also drink it without... get something that will mask the flavor.. and drink it up :drinker:
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water, then I got an insulated cup with a straw (looks like a fast food cup, but clear). Our fridge has a built in filter. I fill my cup with ice and the fill it with water. It hold 20 oz, I think. I refill it 3 or 4 times a day.
  • ebgbjo078
    Options
    In my health and nutrition classes (I am in college to become an RD) we have been told that the new belief is that you do not need to drink half your weight in water as water from other drinks and foods DO in fact count toward your water consumption. You should only track water if you have dehydration problems

At least that is what I have learned, FWIW
  • deadliftfan
    Options
    Maybe you should adopt the metric system.

2 litres is far too easier to drink. Yanks....
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    its effort but why dont you boil it n then let it cool n then drink it... "hard water" - water that hasnt been filtered too well.. tastes not too good so that might help? or buy a brita filter jug

That's an excellent idea or if you can afford it get the bottled stuff. Also, try adding some lime/lemon juice. Have you tried sparkling water?

Instead of hating it - think of the benefits you reap. I have been far less soda and more water and never thought I could do it but I did.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    The best thing I ever did was buy a water crock, and a 5 gal water bottle. I can refill the 5 gal bottle w/ filtered water at my local grocery store for $1.75, or exchange it for a new one (with filtered water) for about $6. Best investment ever!
  • glennhaggard
    glennhaggard Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Should I count the water in that towards my daily intake?

Yes, but I'd discount it a little. Diuretic effects, and such. Over-drink tea then. You can also jsut add some lemon or lime juice to tea. I'm weird in that I've always loved water, and so does my 21 month old son.
  • lyndyb88
    lyndyb88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I used to say I hated water too, but that was all because my body was so used to the sugary, carbonated sodas that I used to suck down like air. When I first started really drinking water, I convinced myself that it was awful and would only drink it with a flavor packet. Now though, plain water is my drink of choice. I drink it at home, at restaurants, and everywhere in between. I always make sure to take my 32 oz water bottle with me everywhere so that I can be sure I'm drinking enough. I'll usually go through that bottle 2 or 3 times every day. I guess what I'm saying in my rambling is that it takes some time but you really do get used to the taste of water as much as you were at one point used to the taste of something else. As for your original question, I say count the tea. At least you're getting your fluids from somewhere!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    water is fun usually more so in the bathtub
  • kdf017
    kdf017 Posts: 33
    Options
    How do people come to hate something that is the single most essential thing they must consume every day?

My guess: marketing. When I was a kid we always drank tap water. Now marketers have convinced us that at the least, we need to have some sort of filtration device to drink tap water and that we are better off drinking it out of a bottle.

It also speaks to our national addiction to sugar.

I agree! I don't see how people can hate drinking water... But I find that cold water tastes fresher than room-temp water. If the water in your faucet is dirty, buy a filtration system, but I'd get used to drinking sugar-free water. You shouldn't have to rely on taste in order to stay hydrated.
  • ksloop00
    ksloop00 Posts: 144
    Options
    There's a lot of generic flavored waters and Vitamin Water is great!
  • SeeShelle3
    SeeShelle3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hated water too. Never drank it in my 43 years of life. I grew up on soda as a child and then coffee as an adult. Two weeks ago I started with 3-10oz. water a day. I use to drink 3 coffees a day and now I'm down to 2 but I can't drink them in the car. I've replaced my coffee-in-the-car habit with water. I drink one on the way to work; one on the way home from work and one on the way to the gym. This week I'm up to 4 a day... one on the way back from the gym :)

You will need to do what works for you - whether it be flavoring the water, making tea (heard green tea is good for weight loss?) or replacing a bad habit with it. Maybe try some of the suggestions and see what works.

Don't think I'll ever get up to my recommended dose of water... but I'm much better than I was and I can tell from my body and how I feel that it is working. Good luck.