What's your favorite scary movie?

Options

Replies

• WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    -The People Under The Stairs
    -Nightmare on Elm Street
    -Jaws - every time I see it and Brody says "How about you come down here and chum some of this ****?" and the shark pops up out of the water, I totally scream.

Funny story..when I was in high school, we went on a weekend retreat to Blairstown, NJ and stayed at the camp where Friday the 13th was filmed. Now I was not stupid enough to go in the water but it was hilarious when a bunch of classmates tipped over their canoes and were screaming bloody murder because they thought Jason was going to get them . Priceless! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Child's play. Not my favorite, because I hate scary movies. But this one has stuck in my mind since I was a little tot.
  • LastChance4Change
    Options
    All the old slasher movies! :) I think my favorite would have to be the Halloween movies though. Michael Meyers is the *kitten*!

I would have to agree. i love Micheal Myers 2 :)

and i love you
    :blushing:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Evil Dead. Only scary bits are the Sam Raimi cam moves. I'm glad my copy has the tree rape scene because that's damn good acting by Ellen Sandweiss.

I'm camping out in front of the tv Oct 13-31 for AMC's FearFest.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Ginger Snaps
    Cabin in the Woods
  • daveinlancs
    daveinlancs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Exorcist

Legend of Hell House
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Paranormal Activity 1, 2 and 3. Soon 4 will be out and I dont know if I can sit through it!

Also the Blair Witch movie.....I think it was because of the things you dont see which scares me!

You must be my sister in horror because you picked the exact ones I thought of. I think slasher movies are stupid, but these kinds of supernatural scary movies are my favorites! And I'll admit to sleeping with the light on after watching each of these for the first time. I'll also add 30 Days of NIght just for the brilliant idea of setting a vampire movie in the Arctic Circle where the sun doesn't come up to save the day. *shiver*
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Sorry to repeat myself, put if you haven;t seen WOLF CREEK go watch it

It scared the livin' she-at out of me and I was 28 at the time
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Way too many to list...have been a big horror fan for years....If I had to pick just 1, would have to say Exorcist is the only movie that has ever scared me and still does
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i dont get scared a whole lot from movies these days but i still love the rush i get from them.
    also, i dont really have a favorite one but just alot that i like.
    i do love the Paranormal Franchise. Particularly the 1st and the 3rd
    loved Insidious aswell
    the strangers
  • Lisha_R
    Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    28 days later, Let the right one in (the subtiitled one), Dawn of the dead (2004), The exercist (scared the crap out of me as kid), Alien/Aliens.

Funny ones are Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland

I am not a big slasher fan. I love me a good zombie movie.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    hmmmmmm i love scary movies...

Halloween is great for the season...i always try to watch them during this month...

and psycho...

and sleepaway camp....

and the serpent and the rainbow...that one scares the bejesus out of me...when they bury him and he's trying to tell them he's not dead.

I LOVE that you have Sleepaway Camp in here! One of my faves. I loved that the killer and I have the same name.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I love horror movies so it's really hard to narrow it down.

Friday the 13th (any of the older ones)
    Halloween (all)
    anything by Stephen King (my favorite author)
    Hostel

I could go on and on, even the terribly made ones; I don't care as long as there's plenty of blood and guts.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i LOVE horror films... i have a selection of really old films there always good... dont look in the basement!, house on haunted hill (original), silent night bloody night, i bury the living

newer films - the original rec is good the spanish? one... umm... insanitarium
    x
  • Lisha_R
    Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The Thing (Kurt Russell)

ETA: Event Horizon and The Hitcher the original.

I forgot about the original The Thing. Oh ya Event Horizon was very very creepy. I love love love the original The Hitcher. Ruter Hauer was amazing. Very good movie.
  • morningmud
    Options
    -The People Under The Stairs
    -Nightmare on Elm Street
    -Jaws - every time I see it and Brody says "How about you come down here and chum some of this ****?" and the shark pops up out of the water, I totally scream.

Funny story..when I was in high school, we went on a weekend retreat to Blairstown, NJ and stayed at the camp where Friday the 13th was filmed. Now I was not stupid enough to go in the water but it was hilarious when a bunch of classmates tipped over their canoes and were screaming bloody murder because they thought Jason was going to get them . Priceless! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Omg, I want to go there!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Strangers is my fav

It still freaks me out
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Signs

Langoliers

Sixth Sense
  • morningmud
    Options
    I must be the only one in history that doesnt think the Exorcist is scary, lol.

My favorite is Halloween...the original and the Rob Zombie version of the original.

I didn't see that until a few years ago and began watching a few minutes in. I thought it was one of those comedy spoof movies. I mean I loled my *kitten* off when she peed herself!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    1-2 Freddy's coming for you
    3-4 better lock the door
    5-6 get your crucifix
    7-8 better stay up late
    9-10 never sleep again

Halloween was good too.
    I saw The fog when I was 7'ish? NOT pretty!
    IR ruined clowns for me
    Children of the corn made me jump a few times

The Shining was pretty Creepy!

The exorcists didn't do much for me!