Wow, this guy.

Options

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Oh, I've done that three times!! Went into the hospital and each time, came out with a 10+ pound baby!! bwaahahaha!!:laugh:

:laugh: The secret is out! Get ready for the next baby boom!
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    24lbs in a week seems super dangerous and impossible.
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    would have to read the fine print....it probably involves a near death experience too

Yes. A strict crack-cocaine only diet.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    wow I wish I had known this 3 years ago!
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    My "tool detector" has an off-the-charts reading right now. Gack. the sad thing is, PEOPLE WILL BUY IT AND DO WHAT HE SAYS. People are amazingly stupid.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Oh dear ...
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Easy, i know that diet

drink zero water and do laps around your house wearing multiple trash bags!

Easy peasy!

Hey I know that diet too!
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    no idea who he is.

but LOL if only that were true!
  • lisamurphy7227
    Options
    is there supposed to be a decimal point in there? the green cofee suppliments can help you lose UP TO 2.5 pounds the first few weeks.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If someone tries this diet and fails to lose "up to 24 pounds in a week" the magazine and Dr. Oz have opened themselves up to a lawsuit.

I am sure that somewhere in fine print, it states "your results may vary. And before begininng any weight loss program, please consult your physician..."
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I spotted this little gem in line at the grocery store today.

The fact that they put "crash diet" right on the cover is ridiculous.

It looks like that's Woman's World. They always put some ridiculous diet on the cover.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand how people can fall for this cr*p.

The crazy thing is, my mom does--some days I cannot believe I share half of her DNA!
  • KiraBg
    KiraBg Posts: 24
    Options
    I don't doubt Dr. Oz can lose 24lbs a week...when you're that full sh** a single bathroom trip can really make a difference.

LMAO, good one!
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    and this is what is wrong with this country.
    EXACTLY!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If someone tries this diet and fails to lose "up to 24 pounds in a week" the magazine and Dr. Oz have opened themselves up to a lawsuit.

I am sure that somewhere in fine print, it states "your results may vary. And before begininng any weight loss program, please consult your physician..."

Plus, it says "up to." That means anywhere from "you'll gain weight" to "you'll lose 24 pounds."
  • lmcww8
    lmcww8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't doubt Dr. Oz can lose 24lbs a week...when you're that full sh** a single bathroom trip can really make a difference.

^^^^^ Awesome!
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My "tool detector" has an off-the-charts reading right now. Gack. the sad thing is, PEOPLE WILL BUY IT AND DO WHAT HE SAYS. People are amazingly stupid.

So very true!
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe a Dr would put his "seal" of approval on any kind of crash diet! It screams out "let me lead you to an eating disorder"!!! smh

I am no Dr. Oz fan, but he didn't. This is a tabloid magazine with questionable ethics. They regularly post pictures of celebrities with claims they never made. I am always stunned by the huge sales of publications like this one.

I thoroughly agree don't always believe what is published in these tabloid magazines nor do I waste my money buying them.....
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have a way that you would loose 12 pounds in a single day.... remove the skin off your body. Too painful?
  • Peachfuz31
    Options
    Think about the simple math involved in this: 24 pounds is 84,000 calories. That would require a deficit of 12,000 calories EACH DAY that week through diet and exercise combined.