Here we go again!

Options
Reytor
Reytor Posts: 26 Member
Hi Everyone,

After many failed attempts over the last 6 years to lose weight, I sit here feeling kind of defeated. I weighed myself today and I believe it's the most I've ever weighed. I have constantly tried to lose weight and I would just always lose it and then gain it back again. Lately I haven't even been able to lose a few pounds.

I have for the most part always gone at it alone so this time I thought I would share my journey so I could be held accountable. LOL
So if anyone needs a friend feel free to add me. I want to help as much as I need the help. :-)

Thanks

Replies

• BrownEyedGrrl
    Options
    Well like that old proverb says, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again". Adding you as a friend!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Adding you, good luck!!
  • Shelleybean29
    Shelleybean29 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. YOU CAN DO THIS. I have done the same thing over and over again myself. Recently I topped the scales at the highest I have ever been. It was right then and there I decided I have to change it!!

Feel free to add me for support and motivation.
  • nicolabradley87
    nicolabradley87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Adding you!
  • ChrissieNer
    ChrissieNer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! I love MFP, I've lost 18lbs in a little over 2 months and love giving (and getting) support, encouragement and advice!

I'm in the same boat you're in - I love to workout, but love to cook and eat! I'm currently trying to find that balance, while seeking out healthier recipes to indulge my obsession with cooking. Also, I know how hard it can be to get in the exercise too, when there's a an active preschooler to take care off.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Request sent.
  • jenbeck1
    jenbeck1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI! I hear you...I am in the same boat. I had baby #2 7 months ago and I can not get motivated. I struggle everyday to find something to wear. Hopefully we can help each other :)
  • hedge01
    hedge01 Posts: 11
    Options
    You and I have very similar stories except for me it has been much longer then six years. Welcome aboard you are at the right place. TIME TO DO THIS!
  • JerseyPook
    Options
    Welcome from another new / here I go again friend! :) I will be happy to add you and others can feel free to do the same with me!
  • sandra152
    Options
    You have got to be commited If you realy want to lose waight dont think of it as a diet but a way of life I see peopleout and about who are over waight and think they must like being fat or else their not realy trying I bert they will not give up drink or choclate I did and now I have lost 1st just by doing that and some exersicing so have a go
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    One step at a time.. you can do it! If you can get through the first month with new habits and gradually incorporate healthier habits, the first few weeks are tough but gradually you will look at it as just wanting to be healthier and your body will want to move and give itself good things.

Good luck - there are a lot of people here to support you! You CAN do this!
  • giggles0002
    giggles0002 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too and trying once again. Sending a request to add you as a friend.
  • Reytor
    Reytor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow, it's been a busy weekend. Thanks everyone for the kind words!
  • brunettesrule
    Options
    I hear you, I'm back here again also, just take one day at a time and have small goals, makes it a lot easier. :smile:
  • GabbyP93
    GabbyP93 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I definitely believe that accountability helps. feel free to add me! much love & luck!
  • leejayem
    leejayem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Oh I really needed to read this today!!! I started using MFP about 5 or 6 months ago & lost 10kg in that time so pretty happy, but still quite a bit more to lose. I have just been on holidays on the Gold Coast for the past 2 weeks & in that amount of time I ate soooooooooooooooooo badly, takeaway almost every day, loads of junk etc & the only exercise I did was flopping around in the pool & a bit of incidental walking (ie - walking around Movie World & Australia Zoo!) I feel as though I have put on most of the weight I lost, I don't even dare to weight myself. It's so hard to be going so well & then sabotage your own efforts in such a short amount of time. As I have impaired insulin my body is amazing at hanging onto excess weight & not so amazing at losing it!! But I know I won't succeed in this journey by making excuses - I started over today, super strict to begin to counter-effect all the recent junk!! Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • leejayem
    leejayem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You have got to be commited If you realy want to lose waight dont think of it as a diet but a way of life I see peopleout and about who are over waight and think they must like being fat or else their not realy trying I bert they will not give up drink or choclate I did and now I have lost 1st just by doing that and some exersicing so have a go

Woah - I don't believe anyone who has a weight problem "likes being fat". For some people, there are medical reasons as to why they are overweight & yes the weight can still be lost but it is definitely a much harder journey for some than for others. For example, when my hubby wants to lose weight, he just cuts down on food & increases his exercise a bit & the weight comes off pretty readily - as for me, my weight loss only comes if I basically cut out all carbohydrates, eat no more than 1200 cals a day & run as much as I can (like 5-6 days a week). We're all different, please don't judge.