dissapointed

Options
2»

Replies

• craigeff
    Options
    ok thanks, think i will go for fortnightly weigh ins.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    You might try cutting out some of the processed grains and sweets in favor of vegetables, and add in more fat and protein. Most of your diary looks OK, but it shows quite a lot of bread some days, large amounts of white rice or white potatoes other days, and consistent entries for sugar puffs and "Crispy Forest Fruit Slices". These aren't terribly nutritious anyway, and a high proportion of carbohydrate can cause some people to have trouble losing weight.
  • sabinavaughan
    sabinavaughan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling the same way till I realized the other day that I could walk up the stairs to the boys MMA without being so winded I couldn't talk...WAIT WAIT...let me say that again..I RAN up the stairs (and dang theres alot and steep!)

My point is that your doing great things for your body....even if the weight doesnt' show it. You might need to try changing a bit in your food intake OR have a cheat day and let it go and get back on track..I've heard that works to shock the system..but I've never tried it!!

Hang in there!
  • lblosinglbs
    lblosinglbs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Don't be discouraged! Sometimes it takes time for the scale to catch up.
  • craigeff
    Options
    You might try cutting out some of the processed grains and sweets in favor of vegetables, and add in more fat and protein. Most of your diary looks OK, but it shows quite a lot of bread some days, large amounts of white rice or white potatoes other days, and consistent entries for sugar puffs and "Crispy Forest Fruit Slices". These aren't terribly nutritious anyway, and a high proportion of carbohydrate can cause some people to have trouble losing weight.

could you give me ideas to replace bread ,and the sugar puffs and the fruit slices.
  • craigeff
    Options
    Distracted by dog.

cute aint he lol
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options

could you give me ideas to replace bread ,and the sugar puffs and the fruit slices.

A good protein source for breakfast, such as a couple of whole eggs, or breakfast meat (or both). Steel-cut oatmeal (not instant), or low-sugar, high-fiber cereal, with the protein. Real, whole fruit, especially berries, cherries and other low-sugar fruit, to replace the "fruit" bars and to top cereal or oatmeal. A good-sized salad, made with greens other than iceberg lettuce (no nutrition at all), with plenty of veggies and some protein such as shrimp, cut-up chicken or beef. Quinoa instead of white rice. Sweet potatoes or yams instead of white potatoes.

It might help to check out some of the low-carb groups here on MFP. You may not want or need to go to that extreme, but you can get recipe ideas there, and ideas for other substitutions.

Hope this helps.
  • craigeff
    Options

A good protein source for breakfast, such as a couple of whole eggs, or breakfast meat (or both). Steel-cut oatmeal (not instant), or low-sugar, high-fiber cereal, with the protein. Real, whole fruit, especially berries, cherries and other low-sugar fruit, to replace the "fruit" bars and to top cereal or oatmeal. A good-sized salad, made with greens other than iceberg lettuce (no nutrition at all), with plenty of veggies and some protein such as shrimp, cut-up chicken or beef. Quinoa instead of white rice. Sweet potatoes or yams instead of white potatoes.

It might help to check out some of the low-carb groups here on MFP. You may not want or need to go to that extreme, but you can get recipe ideas there, and ideas for other substitutions.

Hope this helps.

ok thanks for that
  • LucyRod12
    Options
    I know the feeling, I was introduced to this wonderful app at the Dr's office yesterday because I was telling her that I watch what I eat and try and work out at least 5 days a week and my weight does not change. So she told me to try this, wish me luck. How are you guys doing on this, want to loose 15 pounds.