**LOVE SURVEY**how you knew he/she was "THE ONE"

Options
1. How long after meeting your SO did you knew he/she was the one?

2. How long did it take to declare it to him/her?

3. How did you know (describe the feeling inside of you that made you realize--man, this is it)?

4. If applicable, how long till you were engaged?

5. How long after were you married?

6. Did anyone oppose your union/relationship?

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna answer the question in the title because I'm lazy...

We had a "one night stand" and I knew the next morning after i sobered up.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    1. How long after meeting your SO did you knew he/she was the one? I don't actually know what "the one" means? I define it as the one you *want* to spend the rest of your life with, because I don't believe there is just one person you are *supposed* to spend the rest of your life with. I am unimaginative and unromantic like that. So, I would say about 3 years into the relationship. I think it takes more "settling into" a relationship and getting to know the person. I don't see the rush in knowing or getting married. If you want to spend the rest of your life with them, and you continue to want to, you will. There is know "supposed to" for me.

2. How long did it take to declare it to him/her? We just knew it and know it. Again, I'm terribly unromantic.

3. How did you know (describe the feeling inside of you that made you realize--man, this is it)? I don't think the feeling can really be described, and I think it varies from person to person, obviously. You just feel it and know it.

4. If applicable, how long till you were engaged? Not engaged. No plans to be.

5. How long after were you married? Not married. No plans to be. Trust me, I'm happy in my relationship. I feel like, even after almost 8 years (!) we are still having far too much fun to get married. And I really dislike the idea of having a wedding.

6. Did anyone oppose your union/relationship? Definitely not. Ask any of our friends or family and they will tell you how great we are for one another.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Girls can find theis partner just in some meeting . amazing
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    1. How long after meeting your SO did you knew he/she was the one? 1 week, I actually met her family and spent a day with them before we were even officially "together". Her mom is the most amazing person I know besides my wife. That sewed it up for me.

2. How long did it take to declare it to him/her? 3 weeks

3. How did you know (describe the feeling inside of you that made you realize--man, this is it)? She went fishing with me for first date, we have a lot in common and similar family upbringings

4. If applicable, how long till you were engaged? 7 months

5. How long after were you married? 5 months

6. Did anyone oppose your union/relationship? Nope.
  • ellehcimyelhsa
    Options
    1. How long after meeting your SO did you knew he/she was the one? We met when we were five...in kindergarten. We hated each other for a long time. We ran into each other in college on a call at 3 am. I was an EMT and he was my police back up. It was pretty much instant from there.

2. How long did it take to declare it to him/her? We both knew for a while. I think a few months, but we always talked about our future and things like that.

3. How did you know (describe the feeling inside of you that made you realize--man, this is it)? He wanted to move to South Carolina for a job (we live in Ohio), and I just realized that I didn't want to be without him. It was a mix of scary, happy, elated, anxious all in one.

4. If applicable, how long till you were engaged? From the beginning of our relationship, about 18 months.

5. How long after were you married? 9 months. We didn't have a big wedding, so not a ton of planning involved. Just our parents, grandparents and siblings at our church with our pastor.

6. Did anyone oppose your union/relationship? At first my parents did. They thought we were too young to get married (21 & 22 when we got engaged, 22 & 23 when married). They got over it when I got pregnant though haha.
  • yeshualovesme
    yeshualovesme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    1. How long after meeting your SO did you knew he/she was the one? Right after I beat him at Street Fighter

2. How long did it take to declare it to him/her? 4 days

3. How did you know (describe the feeling inside of you that made you realize--man, this is it)? I thought of life without him and it didn't make sense.

4. If applicable, how long till you were engaged? 2 years

5. How long after were you married? After engagement, 4 months

6. Did anyone oppose your union/relationship? Yep - friends because we broke up and got back together a couple of times

Married almost 15 years with 3 kids :D
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    1. How long after meeting your SO did you knew he/she was the one? Right after I beat him at Street Fighter

This is excellent. :happy:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I don't have a SO, or anyone of interest, so I'll answer these questions for my parents, to the best of my abilities:

Pretty much immediately.

1 month.

3. How did you know (describe the feeling inside of you that made you realize--man, this is it)?

I cannot answer this.

1 month.

32 years, and still going!

edit: I read that wrong. I thought it said "How long have you been married/were you married for?" Correct answer: About 6 months.

My Mother's mother wasn't happy that she was marrying a French-speaking man (My Grandmother is/was a very stiff upper-lip, upper class woman with the stubbornness of the Scottish).
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I definitely didn`t know when I met him.... couldn`t stand him barely talked to him for the first 7 months....

We never declared it to each other.... we finally just admitted it to ourselves...

we were together four 4 years

his family ripped us apart

AND THAT SUCKS cuz even though we are no longer together it`s because of how MUCH we love each other and about wanting whats best for the one you love
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    1. How long after meeting your SO did you knew he/she was the one? - The first night we had more than a 2 sentence conversation

2. How long did it take to declare it to him/her? - A week maybe

3. How did you know (describe the feeling inside of you that made you realize--man, this is it)? - I just felt like I didn't want any other guy in my life and if I lost him or didn't have him near me I would go crazy

4. If applicable, how long till you were engaged? - 5 months

5. How long after were you married? - 6 months

6. Did anyone oppose your union/relationship? - Not that I know of! I thought they would because we kind of rushed into things and we were from different countries but then I realized who gives a ****?? I had my friends and family's support and that was more than I needed.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    1. How long after meeting your SO did you knew he/she was the one? Right away

2. How long did it take to declare it to him/her? About two weeks

3. How did you know (describe the feeling inside of you that made you realize--man, this is it)? We talked from the moment we woke, till we went to sleep. ALL DAY. I had a moment when I said "if you don't turn back now, you can never" and I couldn't.

4. If applicable, how long till you were engaged? 2.5 years

5. How long after were you married? It will end up being about 14 months

6. Did anyone oppose your union/relationship? Yes a lot of people. A ton. Some still do.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    1. How long after meeting your SO did you knew he/she was the one? A couple of weeks. We knew within 6 weeks of dating we were getting married. Actually HE knew BEFORE we started dating...or so he says!

2. How long did it take to declare it to him/her? I don't remember, but I know I said it first...

3. How did you know (describe the feeling inside of you that made you realize--man, this is it)? When after a month of dating, I was still excited to see him and couldn't wait for him to come over. Other guys I dated, I got bored within a couple of weeks of dating. Then when we started living together we were literally together 24/7 (worked together, so we went to work together, ate lunch together, came home together, etc) and not once did we get sick of each other. Now 12 years later, I STILL can't wait to be home with him!

4. If applicable, how long till you were engaged? 9 months

5. How long after were you married? 1 year 10 months...but just because right after we were engaged (like 5 days after) we signed the title on our house. Couldn't do a house and wedding in the same year.

6. Did anyone oppose your union/relationship? Nope! I think his family was GRATEFUL I got him to settle down! LOL

Edited to add: Married 10 years yesterday and have 2 kids. Still can't imagine my life without him!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    1. How long after meeting your SO did you knew he/she was the one? after the 2nd date

2. How long did it take to declare it to him/her? a couple weeks

3. How did you know (describe the feeling inside of you that made you realize--man, this is it)? Never thought I would love again and I did without a doubt

4. If applicable, how long till you were engaged? Met in November engaged Christmas

5. How long after were you married? Met in November Married May 20th so 6 months

6. Did anyone oppose your union/relationship? No
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Long story short.. i got divorced. We were best friends. I couldnt afford a house alone with my 2 kids. He moved in to help me with bills... 11 months later we were drunk & partying while my kids were at their dads, the next morning we woke up married. Been married almost 8 years now & its been the best 8 years of my life. :heart:
  • Salkeela
    Salkeela Posts: 367 Member
    Options

1 week

? Probably months!

Comfortable, secure, easiest person to be around, fun,

4 years

6 months

No

And he's still THE BEST after 26 years marriage!
  • rhvandan
    rhvandan Posts: 185
    Options
    1. How long after meeting your SO did you knew he/she was the one? **On our first date. We were actually seriously contemplating driving to Vegas that night.

2. How long did it take to declare it to him/her? We said it the next morning.

3. How did you know (describe the feeling inside of you that made you realize--man, this is it)? Overwlhelming. Completely comfortable with each other, passionate about each other, insanity, crystal clear images of the future together.

4. If applicable, how long till you were engaged? First date was April 15, 2000. We discussed marriage pretty quickly, decided we wanted a November 1st wedding, so he proposed on Halloween 2001

5. How long after were you married? Married November 1st, 2002 (almost 10 years now)

6. Did anyone oppose your union/relationship? Not that I know of. Some of his guy friends felt I wasnt girly enough for him, but to them a woman is measured by her bra cup size, so they werent credible. My family and friends all love my hubby. I was young when we met (19) and married (21) but now it isnt even an issue.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    1. How long after meeting your SO did you knew he/she was the one? About 2 days.

2. How long did it take to declare it to him/her? About 2 days.

3. How did you know (describe the feeling inside of you that made you realize--man, this is it)? I felt a peace over me and a general feeling of "I'm done, I never have to date again!"

4. If applicable, how long till you were engaged? About 1 1/2 months.

5. How long after were you married? About 3 1/2 months.

6. Did anyone oppose your union/relationship? Not full on opposition but lots of people thought I was moving too quickly. We were married for 7 years last month!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    1. How long after meeting your SO did you knew he/she was the one? I knew FOR SURE on the first date!

2. How long did it take to declare it to him/her? Dont remember??

3. How did you know (describe the feeling inside of you that made you realize--man, this is it)? Well, I have never gotten "butterflies" seeing a guy. With my husband now, I got the butterflies. It is so hard to explain. I never believed people before when they said "you will know when you meet the right guy" Well, if you are not sure, maybe you need some time away.

4. If applicable, how long till you were engaged? We were together for 2 years and 3 months

5. How long after were you married? 9 months

6. Did anyone oppose your union/relationship? Not at all. My previous relationship, I did have people oppose- which makes sense now
    [/quote]
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options

It didn't take long. I honestly want to say it was when he just grabbed me, kissed me, and then just sitting up and talking all night about our lives, then turns out... his step brother is the guy I had a big crush on from middle school through part of high school, it was just funny (no I have no feeligns for that guy now, he was a jerk) but yea... I'd say, 2 weeks. Haha.

I told him flat out. I'm not afraid to admit that kind of stuff. It was a bit hard for him at the time because I was one of three girls he was talking to. But he picked me in the end because I was the least crazy and he actually enjoyed the time he spent with me, oh and I didn't call him crying and cussing him out all the time.

I dunno. It kinda felt like a plummit feeling. Like, this rush and excitement at the same time as fear. Honestly, the way I KNEW was when I was able to tell him whatever, even if it was just like "hey, I gotta poop. I'll be back" Oh, and when I could just laugh and joke and be me, even when I'm in a quiet non talkitive phase.

We're not engaged technically. No ring. But about 2 years down the road we've been talking about it. He has to talk to my dad still, our plans are to get married before anything happens to my terminally ill grandmother who is major in my life and I want at my wedding.

Not applicable yet, we want to get married next year, so about 3 years?

Umm, well, besides his psycho ex who after a small fight over whose house we were going to hang out at, she tried to say "hey, I can make it work again, give me a chance" at first the one of the two girls who were tryign to get with him didn't like me, she does now. The other was instantly ok with me. She wasn't serious about him, just a crush, so she didn't have a lot of feelings invested. His mom loves me, my family likes him, so we're pretty good and fortunate there!
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    1. How long after meeting your SO did you knew he/she was the one? about 6 months, I knew I wanted to be with him after he kind of saw right through my attitude ( I got taken advantage of a lot before him and that kind of made me a huge b**** for a while because I was just tired of it) and told me that I was actually a really nice person and I should stop trying to hide it

2. How long did it take to declare it to him/her? 2 1/2 years

3. How did you know (describe the feeling inside of you that made you realize--man, this is it)? Walking down the isle and crying because I was happy to be with him because he accepts me for who I am

4. If applicable, how long till you were engaged? 4 1/2 years

5. How long after were you married? 1 year

6. Did anyone oppose your union/relationship? My sister doesn't like him but didn't tell me till after we got married

We've been together for 8 years, married for 2, with 1 kid. It's hard at times and he drives me crazy but it is worth it!