Throwing away food?

Options
13»

Replies

• YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    OMG... I have done the "look at me, I'm not going to be a fat *kitten* anymore and will now ceremoniously throw away all my 'fat' food like cookies and chips" thing... and then I was all like

thatssotrue_15360_1344718668.gif

God I do that every few months, lol!!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    In the heat of the moment (or hunger) I will buy something that I really should not eat. I will feel so guilty that I try to pawn it off or just throw it away. I know it is wasteful but better to toss it than eat it.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I dumped half a bottle of whiskey down the drain a few weeks ago. I drank too much too quickly one night, woke up around 3am so thirsty and gross feeling that I went down to the kitchen for a glass of water. While I was there, I dumped out the whiskey and haven't bought any more since.

Oh heavens no!!!! Save the whiskey!!!! :huh: :noway:
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I dumped half a bottle of whiskey down the drain a few weeks ago. I drank too much too quickly one night, woke up around 3am so thirsty and gross feeling that I went down to the kitchen for a glass of water. While I was there, I dumped out the whiskey and haven't bought any more since.

Dude. Not cool. :noway:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Totally a typo. Eat that *kitten*.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i once got crazy and threw away almost whole nutella, unpacked cookies and chocolates! that was at least 30 dollars in candy. later i felt terrible because that money could feed some Chinese beggars on the street. so i won't do it anymore.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    OMG... I have done the "look at me, I'm not going to be a fat *kitten* anymore and will now ceremoniously throw away all my 'fat' food like cookies and chips" thing... and then I was all like

God I do that every few months, lol!!

Don't we all? And then we're like, dammit, where are my oreos... and then we try to eat lots of healthy/and not-so-healthy stuff but we still just want an oreo... so we go buy more... and we buy the reduced fat ones and realize they suck... so we thow them out and buy double-stuff oreos to soothe our wounds from the low fat experience... and then a week later, throw em out and start again? No... I've never done that.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I once bought raw almonds at Sprouts in their bulk bins. I went home and had some the next day and went to log it. The calories on the Sprouts website were much higher than they should be for a serving size. I emailed the company and a few days later heard back. They had entered the info wrong online and would fix it to reflect the true calorie count. Companies do sometimes make errors. It doesnt hurt to check.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Heads up to OP, if you ate the whole bulk industrial size sherbet by yourself in one serving, it still doesn't count as one serving ;) hehe
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I bought a carton of Lime Sherbet today because it is printed in the box that it is 110cals per one serving. After I ate it, I found out that it contain 230 gram carb. :noway: Just a scoop makes me go over on carb already. I want to throw it away so bad but I just bought it and feel like I am wasting money doing that. Today I go over my carb like -239 gram so far. :explode:

Have you ever get rid of the food you like before it's expired? What are they?
    230g carbs is 920 calories. You are reading something wrong...
  • Incendia99
    Incendia99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I work for a food pantry so wasting food hurts my little heart! :(
  • mmachick2011
    mmachick2011 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What is better? Food you shouldn't/ won't eat ending up in your trash or on your *kitten*?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

HA! This is how I talk in real life.
  • 256Sept12
    Options
    i've never thrown food away because of the nutritional value. I would just have someone else in my family eat it (someone who can afford to indulge more than i can). I even have given food to a neighbor before because I didn't want the temptation in my house.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options

Good for you! Way to go
    Yes, I feel good now. I'm drinking red wine instead.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    Options
    Seriously. In Texas you'd be hanged for dumping whiskey. Unless it was the cheap nasty crap. But if it was decent stuff...you'd be a goner.
    Come on you guys! It wasn't a capital crime. And to make you feel better... it WAS a fairly cheap whiskey (Canadian Club or something like that), which is probably why I woke up in the middle of the night feeling so icky.:sick:
  • MeMyCatsandI
    Options
    Your whisky had an "e" in it, so nothing of value was lost.
    A true whisky drinker (which I'm not!) would agree with you. It was cheap whiskey. However, I know that I am not a TRUE whisky drinker after attending a whisky tasting. I couldn't drink those tiny little tastes if my life depended on it. The Scottish and Irish people in the room were more than a little annoyed with me.:bigsmile:
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I bought a carton of Lime Sherbet today because it is printed in the box that it is 110cals per one serving. After I ate it, I found out that it contain 230 gram carb. :noway: Just a scoop makes me go over on carb already. I want to throw it away so bad but I just bought it and feel like I am wasting money doing that. Today I go over my carb like -239 gram so far. :explode:

Have you ever get rid of the food you like before it's expired? What are they?
    That seems super high (230g carb) considering 1 gram of carbohydrate has 4 calories.... the math doesn't work out. Check it again.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    What is better? Food you shouldn't/ won't eat ending up in your trash or on your *kitten*?

feeding hungry people who don't care about nutritional value?
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you read it right? Looking at a variety of brands, they all seem to fall between 20-26 g of carbs.