Embarrassing question

Options
lilawolf
lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
Please be kind...:blushing:

If I am really working out hard, not only will my top get all sweaty, but my inner thighs and butt crack will too. Looks awful in my gym clothes unless I am wearing black. Underwear would probably help, but I hate working out with underwear. They always seem to ride up and/or chafe. They lines are also usually visible through yoga type pants.

Does anyone use powders or antiperspirants? If so, what, where, and how much?

Maybe no one at the gym cares, but I think it looks really gross.

Replies

• Happyirisheyes
    Happyirisheyes Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    There's a really good deodorant available here in Ireland called Perspirex. You use it for a few days and then you just have to use it one a week. I found it good. I use it for underarms but I'm sure you could use it anywhere. Other than that, I'd say wear a long t shirt. Hope that helps x
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Trust me the only thing anyone cares about sweating at the gym is if you don't wipe your machine down when you finish with it. My hubby uses mitchum antiperspirant "everywhere" and swears by it. I don't use the ladies version as I have a sensitivity to it but it is really good.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    There is a powder used by a lot of motorcycle riders to help reduce that problem and the chafing....it is called Monkey Butt...really it is. It might help!
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wear black leggings and a thong.
  • livingdeadbuddha
    livingdeadbuddha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Monkey butt powder is your friend, so are wicking materials, but trust me, unless you are leaving the machines soaked in your salty leavings, no one in the gym cares. They are doing their own thing, and all of us have been there. But I know the feeling. I hate seeing that 'triangle' of me soaked through in gym clothes! That's why I've pretty much sworn off cotton!
  • llgeisz
    llgeisz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I usually rear compression shorts under a pair of basket ball or other loose fitting shorts the sweat does not show.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Everybody's butt crack sweats, in fact last January when I ran the Hypothermic Half (yep - that's my profile picture) I noticed that every female runner had a conspicuous line of frost on their running tights. I did not apply the same scientific rigour studying male runners but would think the results would be the same.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I believe in black tights for this very reason.
  • lilawolf
    Options
    Thanks guys! I usually sit on a gym towel if I am using a machine so that the seat stays nice.... Maybe I will try the Monkey Butt powder if I am going to be going all out and not wearing black...

Thanks for the mental image of frosty bums! :tongue:
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I sweat emmensly myself. I wear those underarmor compression underware at least underneath my workout shorts. I never wear cotton gets way too heavy and droopy. Still get myself all sweaty but it evens it out not just in one area if you know what I mean. By the time I was done on the treadmill looked like I just took a shower in my cloths. Now I just run outside.
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Everybody's butt crack sweats, in fact last January when I ran the Hypothermic Half (yep - that's my profile picture) I noticed that every female runner had a conspicuous line of frost on their running tights. I did not apply the same scientific rigour studying male runners but would think the results would be the same.

This whole comment made me laugh. Thanks for the giggle. :P
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i always look like i pee'd myself! haha!! thats how i know that i worked out hard!
  • lilawolf
    Options
    i always look like i pee'd myself! haha!! thats how i know that i worked out hard!

Yep, kinda looks like that. It doesn't bother you?
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I sweat like a pig (very unladylike) when I run. I always wear black, or dark. Back in high school, a fellow student would wear light grey leggings in gym class and there would be her 'patch ' of dark grey sweat for all to see. I was mortified for her, and have never forgotten that image! 'Black for bottoms' ever since!
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't really see why it's a big deal. Sweating is GOOD! I sweat more than any other girl I've ever seen, ever. There is a puddle under my bike at the end of spin class. My clothes are always soaked by the end of my workouts. When I see other people sweating profusely, it makes me think they are working hard and I admire them. It's not gross. Sitting on the couch eating pizza with a roll of fat is gross.

Wearing anti-perspirants on your whole body CANNOT be healthy. They work by blocking your pores. Let that sweat out!!